Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » $$REVENGE OF THE SITH$$ (Page 1)

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  14  15  16   
Author Topic: $$REVENGE OF THE SITH$$
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone else cringe when Darth Vader screamed, "Noooo...!!!!"

Because I did.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It wasn't the great film I hoped it would be, but let's be realistic: it told the story. If it had terrible dialogue, that's points off, but I was wowed by the rest of the film. And the fact that Jar Jar was eliminated in all but three non-speaking shots, and Ahmed Best was still credited. And James Earl Jones wasn't.

It's what I wanted to see, and I can't say I was disappointed.

--------------------
Meh

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whats wrong with the "nooooooo"? Its not like the suit makes him emotionless.
Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, we can't blame the suit for that one.
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you expect? He betrayed the Jedi thinking it would save his wife only to learn it was joining the dark side that killed her.

[ May 19, 2005, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, you betrayed the Jedi? Thats a plot twist worth spoilers.
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol...never would have guessed huh. But it's true.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

DoughBoy05
Member # 1417

- posted      Profile for DoughBoy05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thing I didnt get was that didn't Luke quiz Leia up in Movie 6 about thier real mother when they where hanging out on Endor? I coulda sworn that Leia said she actually remembered her real mother and even thought that mom looked sad alot. That Leia must have THE BEST MEMORY EVER! since she only saw her mom for a couple seconds when she was two seconds old.

--------------------
"Well, Sergeant? Aren't you going to say that it's bigger on the inside than it is on the outside? Everybody else does."

"It's pretty obvious, isn't it?"

The Doctor and Sgt. Benton, in "The Three Doctors"

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, she was talking about her adopted mother, who probably died when she was young.

--------------------
Meh

DoughBoy05
Member # 1417

- posted      Profile for DoughBoy05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nah I coulda sworn Luke asked about his real mom. Now mind you I'm married so I'm used to being wrong all the time [Wink] but I'd almost bet a nickel on it. (Thats a Canadian nickel worth about 3 cents American)

--------------------
"Well, Sergeant? Aren't you going to say that it's bigger on the inside than it is on the outside? Everybody else does."

"It's pretty obvious, isn't it?"

The Doctor and Sgt. Benton, in "The Three Doctors"

Doctor Jonas
Member # 481

- posted      Profile for Doctor Jonas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mighty Blogger Snay:
Did anyone else cringe when Darth Vader screamed, "Noooo...!!!!"

Because I did.

I said 'nooo' at the stolid performance McGregor made us enjoy. Yeah, ok, the dialogue is not Shakespeare, but he downplayed the thing so much, it actually hurted.

But the movie was good, and 'it told the story'. Yeah. [Wink]

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But boy, Vader must gain some bodymass - he looked awfully wimpy [Smile]

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DoughBoy,

I think what is trying to be communicated to you is that while Leia thought she had memories of her real mother, and while she may have been told that person was her real mother, it was actually someone else - perhaps Organa's wife?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well these aren't normal babies and Leia did say all she remembers is just "images and feelings". Personally I'm willing to buy that those moments that Padme held her, it made a lasting impression, perhaps more on an unconsious level, but strong enough to endure.
Not that Luke says he had no memory of his mother and that when he's born, he barely gets a look in, while Leia gets quite a bit more attention (although still very brief).

I thought the Qui-Gon bit was sort of tacked on the end a bit, it could have done with a little re-enforceing. Perhaps a scene early on with Yoda communing with Qui-Gon or perhaps having his spectral form appear next to Kenobi as Owen & Beru are gazing off in the other direction at the sunsets.

On the whole I was pleased, dialogue a bit ropey, but that's something I think we've all come to expect. I was a little disappointed that there wasn't a better look at Mon Mothma (apparantly she was in it but I didn't see her) or the Mon-Calamari. I imageine both these things were cut for time, not surprising since it is still technically a kid's film and I can't see many 10 year olds sitting through a 2 & 3/4 hour film, which is how long it would probably take to tidy all the little loose ends.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must say I was impressed by McDiarmid's deliveries, he really scared me when initiating his spiral attack towards Mace Windu, that was Lord Sidious in his "prime".

I also felt very bad for Windu, I knew it would happen eventually but it was so cruel.
Not to mention the eradication of the Jedi, that really broke my heart, especially Ayla Secura and that poor boy that was trying to reach the landing platform where Organa was.

I thought Vader's lament in the end was believable, it sounded just like his scream after Luke cut his hand off in the throne room.

At first I thought Dooku and Grievous were dealt with too easily, chopping off the last cords to the feel of Eps I & II, hurrying into "bridge-to-Ep.IV"-mode, but then I recognized that there was a lot of other stough and duels to cram in as well, so what they got wasn't that bad.

One image still won't leave my cornea; Yoda impaling a clone with his saber, then jumping up on his chest and pulling it out. That was taking care of bidness.

Alderaan was beautiful, just as I had pictured it. Like Naboo but more serene.

Actually I'm still recovering from seeing it (I left the theater an hour ago), it was a straining experience. My friends felt the same, the mood of the movie was contagious.

One thing I didn't quite get. I noticed several instances where a part of a dialogue and scene was added to explain away something needed, like Palpatine "sensing" that Vader was in danger on the lava planet, which was an excuse for how Vader got rescued later.

But the emergency message that Obi-Wan hacked into, telling any Jedi to stay away from Coruscant and go into exile, what purpose did that serve? Story-wise and "ass-covering"-wise?

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  14  15  16   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.