Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » (Warning - Nitpicking & Spoilers) Continuity with original films (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: (Warning - Nitpicking & Spoilers) Continuity with original films
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another huge point of nitpickery... in Episdoe 3, Obi-Wan wears his lightsaber on his belt using the little frog and cell phone clip all the Jedi have in the prequels, whereas in Episode 4, it hangs from a clip using a D ring attached to the butt of the hilt. Same thing for Anakin's / Luke's.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cybernetic repairs or not, Vader's motoric acuity might have suffered enough to call for a relatively robust mounting.

And perhaps Obi-Wan learned something from the umpteen times his weapon fell off? As far as running gags go, this wasn't a bad one...

...Although the whole issue of Jedis and falling was particularly messy in the NT: these guys can drop down fifty meters without harm, or jump up five to ten meters, in effortless defiance of gravity - and then Yoda suddenly is hurt by falling something like fifteen meters from the Senate hall podium? Obi-Wan can tear down pieces of machinery from the ceiling, but not levitate his weapon back to his hand when needed? Windu is assumed killed when he flies out of the window, still moaning IIRC, when he could quite plausibly regain consciousness and control on the way down, evoke his Roadrunner powers, soft-land on a street half a klick down, and meep-meep back to the penthouse to slay the two Sith?

Timo Saloniemi

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think we've just found out what the next Star Wars cartoon series will be like...
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Timo:
Cybernetic repairs or not, Vader's motoric acuity might have suffered enough to call for a relatively robust mounting.

I mean the saber that Anakin drops on Lava world that Obi Wan picks up and eventually gives to Luke. In Ep 3, it has a little frog mid-hilt that slides into the cell phone clip the Jedi wear on their belts. In Ep 4, it has a D ring on the butt of the hilt that slides into a different kind of clip.

I'll avoid jokes about needing a robust mounting myself...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps