Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Windu vs Palpatine: an alternate scenario ($$$$$)

Author Topic: Windu vs Palpatine: an alternate scenario ($$$$$)
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I was quite peeved at the way two of the jedi masters were skewered by Palpatine. You'd think they would put up more of a fight then by sitting there like coal lumps.

A friend of mine agreed. He mentioned that he had read the book version and found it to be a little more chilling than the fight we saw.

$$$Here Goes$$$$

When Windu, Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar, and Sassae Tinn went to confront Palpatine, they found him in his presidential suite, not the office that Palpatine was in during the movie. Suddenly the lights go dark and Palpatine starts taunting the four Jedi. He asks Sassae Tinn if he can read Palpatine's mind (apparently Sassae Tinn is telepathic), but before Tinn can respond, a flash of red appears out of nowhere and Sassae Tinn's head is gone. But Palpatine is still sitting in his chair, and now he's screaming about how the Jedi are trying to kill him. Agen Kolar is confused, suddenly another bright red flash appears and Kolar's head is lopped off. Of course, Mace Windu and Kit Fisto are afraid of this, the emperor is still sitting in the chair, still screaming about the Jedi attacking him. At this point, Anakin comes in. What he sees is instead of the Emperor sitting in his chair, he sees nothing but a blur. He also sees the purple and green light sabers of Mace Windu and Kit Fisto. Another flash of red light and the green saber disappears, as Kit Fisto's head is resting on the Chancellor's table.

But Windu is able to block Palpatine's strike, and the image of Palpatine dissappears from the chair. Palpatine was using a special dark art which allowed him to move within the darkness and strike the three jedi down. Of course, Windu blocks Palpatine's attempt on his life and they fight....

.... resume normal flow of movie.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting. I'd definitely have preferred something more along these lines than what we got in the movie. I have no clue who those other Jedi were w/Windu, but I couldn't believe that Palpatine basically walked up and started cutting them up like he did.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't all Jedi read minds?
HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't recall any Jedi ever reading minds. Sensing emotions, yes. Implanting thoughts, yes.

Reading minds? No.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Sister. You have a twin sister."

Some can probably do it better than others.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Windu was obviously apart of Section 31

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All jedi can sense emotions and probably surface thoughts, but as Omega said, probably some better than others.

Adi-Mundi: "Your thoughts dwell on your mother".

If Palpatine said that to Tinn, it was probably both a taunt and a feint at the same time, making Tinn confused and not thinking about igniting his saber and blocking.

Saltahna, maybe it would have been better if you had quoted the text directly, so we could interpret the "flow" of the scene.

Did the book mention Palpatine's counter-effective Force Lightning, disfiguring his face? Maybe the choice of words could've shed some light on whether it was a sacrifice and his face was fine before or if it was just a shroud that was lifted.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too would have preferred Palpatine's confrontation with the Jedi to be a bit more freakishly scary.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Omega. Forgot about that.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That scene would have easily pushed the movie to an R rating though.
...and cost tens of millions of dollars in lost ticket sales if it did.

I prefer to think that (in self defense) noble Palpaltine mentally showed Sam Jackson all the horrible movies he's starred in -in one terrible moment.
Then Anakin (being a true Jedi hero) decided to put poor Sam out of his torment, but botched the job.
With the kowledge of how much Deep Blue sea sucked, Jackson tragicly lept to his death- even while Palpaltine tried to restrain him by using the force to harmlessly taser him.

This version of events brought to you by the Imperial News Service (formerly FOX News).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget Sphere.

I would sort of like to see what an R Rated light saber duel looks like.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Play Jedi Knight III or IV. B)
David Sands
Member # 132

- posted      Profile for David Sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aban: I am with you on that. Combat in SW is so PG.

Cartman: I've put that on my list for when I buy my next computer. Can you replay your nastier altercations?

--------------------
"Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Tao to survivial or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed."

"...attaining one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the pinnacle of excellence. Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence."

-Sun Tzu, The Art of War, 6th century B.C.E.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a Jedi Knight 4?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure: In the future.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps