Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Second Grave at the Lars Homestead (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Second Grave at the Lars Homestead
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:

So I'd say that Palaptine wasn't masterminding things all the time. He was caught out by the first Death Star's destruction, and was then making damn sure that the Rebels would not escape a second time. Which also didn't work. Silly man.

Well, letting the rebels have accurate blueprints was stupid- one little alteration could have had Lando and Wedge flying into a wall (or a well placed turbolaser).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And it sure would make all those dead Bothans feel silly.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did they actually do the blueprint thing again in Return of the Jedi? I remember them just learning where it was, and that it wasn't finished yet.
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And that the Emperor was overseeing the construction.

Never use yourself as bait for a trap. Evil overlord rule #238.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, that's #239.
#238 is "Never park your giant starship in close orbit of your giant space station during a battle- Shit Happens".

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
List of 100 things I'd do if I ever became an evil overlord: http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's possible that the Rebels capturing the plans was an accident, and then they decided to use that as an opportunity to hunt down and wipe out the rebels.

I'd say that for ROTJ, the Rebels just used the plans they already had. Sure, it would be a bit different but it would almost certainly have a big power-core thing at the middle that would blow up real good like when shot at.

Pointless extra: The "Many Bothams" line always gets me. Exactly how many is "many"? Because if it's, say, 3, then I'm not exactly going to lie awake at night morning their deaths.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, knowing the Empire, the entire Bothan homeworld might have been reduced to slag.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I doubt it was that severe....it might have been aBothan "dirty dozen" (complete with an alien Lee Marvin) that sacrificed themselves or some such...

I doubt the Rebels could have used the same plans as the first DS- those plans would not have given locations on where the shield generator was or where all that construction equipment would be (and I just dont buy that Wedge and Lando are good enough pilots to fly through the maze of tunnels without some idea of where they were going besides "down").

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The "Shadows of the Empire" novel goes into more detail about the Bothans and the captured plans, but it's been so long since I've read it.

B.J.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Heir to The Empire alludes that the Bothans might have been working for the Empire to set up the Rebels and -onece the rebellion prevailed- they took more credit than they were due and setablished themselves as players in the new senate.

but that could have been Thrawn yanking everyone's chain.

I never followed the books afer that trilogy though (as they got pretty dumb pretty fast).

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps