Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Star Wars series (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Star Wars series
jamesgfink
Member # 1797

- posted      Profile for jamesgfink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What happened to all the Star Wars series rumour?
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last I heard, it was more than a rumor. Lucas had announced definite plans for two series. One live action, and one animated. But I haven't heard anything more than that.

IMDB has a listing for it, but no information other than it's been announced.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thing is if Lucas is involved then they'll all be about super-powered angst ridden almost-characters that we have no real reason to give a damn about.

If he'd actually hand the reins over to someone who could write then we could just possibly get a decent series out of a "Knights of the Old Republic" setting. Lots of Jedi, some bad guys, a decent plot arc over the course of a season.

I didn't like the prequels - can you tell? [Smile]

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Zefram
Member # 1568

- posted      Profile for Zefram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was under the impression that Lucas was finished with Star Wars and that any further movies or series would be done by others. He already has zero involvement with the Expanded Universe.

I thought I had also heard that a TV series would take place between Episodes III and IV.

--------------------
"Having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can see it now... The Adventures of Young Luke Skywalker! Watch as he goes to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters, Marvel as he whines about going to the Imperial Academy. Feel his angst when his pet Bantha gets run over by a speeder...

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See Yoda building his new home, see Leia get a new Hair-do, See Mon Mothma arrange her wardrobe, see Oola learn a new dance routine.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Zefram
Member # 1568

- posted      Profile for Zefram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Young Han Solo Chronicles: See Han Solo get his trademark scar, watch Han learn that Wookies don't like to lose, marvel as Han takes on mysterious passengers, no questions asked.

--------------------
"Having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watch Han do the Kessel run in a unit of distance. Find out where Han get's his waist-coats from and in the season finale - is there something deeper between Chewbacca and Han than friendship!?!

--------------------

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've created a monstrosity...Although the Young Han Solo chronicles might not be such a bad idea. If it follows, even roughly, the storyline set out by the books it should be pretty interesting. (not the Han/Chewie Wookiee lovin)

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, the 'post' sceene where Han's picking off all the hairs might be a bit gross...

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

LOL! Classic! Where Han learns how to groan like a Wookie! *birds fly from trees* [Smile]

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See? This is what happens to threads that start with just one sentance. It's way too open ended. You give the kids way too much room to play.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
::drive by posting::

I preferred the Brian Daley Han Solo trilogy to the other one that came out a few years ago (set after ROTJ).

I would much rather see a Star Wars series focus on the Knights of the Old Republic, as mentioned above, instead of set between Episodes III and IV as Lucas announced.

We nit-pick Star Trek to death over continuity and you know any series set close to the timeframe of the movies will suffer the same fate.

Since we haven't a consensus how long a generation is, then setting a Star Wars series in the early part of that "thousand generation" timespan could easily avoid any conflicts in continuity. Even if it was just 1000 years before Episode 1 would be a blessing for those continuity sensitive ones out there.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Yah... plus... lightsabers with power cords!

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps