Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Star Wars series (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Star Wars series
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's already a bunch of "Expanded Universe" material covering that era, so fans will still quibble over continuity.

Since Lucas's focus for Star Wars has always been around the life of Anakin Skywalker I can't see him going into the KotOR/TotJ time frame. Not that it wouldn't be cool, it would, I just can't see it happening.
On the upside Boba Fett is supposed to feature in this series to some degree, so that might be interesting. Actually, that might not be entirely true, that is I think the young actor that played him has been approached but that could also mean they plan to show young clones, but Fett would be more likely.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hopefully his acting has gotten better.

"Yah Dad, yah... FI-AH!!!"

Having Boba Fett be part of the Jedi clean-up makes sense, and it would be kind of cool.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They could devote an episode to him scooping his dad's head out of the helmet....then avoiding the Galactic School Board for truantcy...

The road to badass bounty hunter/Sarlac chowder is not a smooth one.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Zefram
Member # 1568

- posted      Profile for Zefram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps if they were to focus on a different group of people than those featured in the saga thus far-and on the general effect of the rise of the Empire on other parts of the galaxy-they could probably avoid ruining continuity. Throw in a few lines about the sudden omnipresence of stormtroopers, speculation as to what happened to the Jedi, and rumors of a superweapon being constructed by the Empire and you've pretty much covered all your bases. The rest of the galaxy should be big enough for the TV writers to play in.

The scene in Episode III in which the Jedi Temple's emergency beacon was modified to serve as a warning could easily set up a series in which various Jedi find themselves on the run. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if that scene was included for just such an event. The pilot episode could see them returning to Coruscant when the call suddenly becomes a warning and they discover a squadron of clone fighters on their tails.

--------------------
"Having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
but...whould that make them the clone fighters..?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's just what I thought during the scene in Ep III. But I really think such a scene would suck. Like the prequels the temptation to keep revisiting the same places and "linking it all together" would likely prove to great a temptation.

How long until they are running around on Endor? Long pitiful moments of angst over Alderron YAWN already.

Set it 1000 years before - apparently their tech doesn't change much over time. Explore strange new worlds - wait that's something else.

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The problem is that since Luke never receives help from other Jedi than Kenobi and Yoda, these supposed main characters would have to simply go to exile, and few would be so powerful so as to be able to watch events unfold from a distance, like Yoda did.

I'm all for some production dealing with Star Wars history Pre-TPM, the main issue for Lucasfilm is just the problem of shifting focus from the Skywalkers.
Even though the book and comic EU has been doing that since the 80's, this would be a first for them. You could argue that much of the "Clone Wars" cartoon focused away from Anakin, but he was the main thread.

I would at least like to see another KotOR-title first, fleshing it out further, before they do anything about that. They should know what's best for their wallets, you'd think.

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another KotOR would be cool. if they figured out how to fix some of the script problems with the second one. that game have me such a headache

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the fact that none of the other Jedi show up in the OT, doesn't mean they weren't doing things for while after Ep III. Things that include getting hunted down and slaughtered by Vader.

I think a period of activity is reasonable, but there would hve to be a goal involved. They'd have to be trying to find Yoda, start a rebellion, or find something that would help them overthrow Sidious... something. They couldn't just be wandering around trying to start new lives. That'd be boring.

Jedi Master Yavorn Kar'El was just settling into his new life as a baker's apprentice on one of the outer moons of Yarzam 2, when Vader walks in the door, strolls up to the counter. "*breath* So... *breath* What are your specials today? *breath* BITCH!" VRROOOOOM!! A lightsaber battle ensues.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How did the rebellion start? DID Jedi help in insiting rebellion amongst the people against the empire? That might be an interesting point.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The scenes cut from Ep.III show a lot of the beginnings of the Rebellion, with meetings between Organa, Mon Mothma, Padme and several others. They got cut because Lucas wanted to focus the story on Anakin and not get side-tracked.

B.j.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Right... getting sidetracked with important points in favor of 5 more minutes of pointless fighter flyby shots was a good editing choice.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But Fighter Flyby shots are awesome!
If you've read the EP3 Comics that came out just before the movies, The last one has a page where Mon Mothma, Padme, and Bail Organa have a little council of war to start the rebellion. I don't remember if Garm Bel Iblis was present or not. But he was primarily an EU character so Lucas probably decided not to include him.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aban Rune:
quote:
So... *breath* What are your specials today? *breath* BITCH!" VRROOOOOM!! A lightsaber battle ensues.
And then the manager would come out from the kitchen, yelling "Revving your scout bike in the dining area is strictly prohib- Oh no it's you! *ghagg* *cough*"
And then Vader would be like "Pwned!" and rev some more before driving through the store window and out on main street, force-dragging the poor man behind him all the while.
Good old days, before the wimp times...before the "New Republic".

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

VRROOOOOM as in lightsaber igniting, not as in speeder-bike revving.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps