Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Star Wars: Empire At... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Star Wars: Empire At...
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"He wanted to do right by the American soldiery who made up the occupying forces, so pushed to have the age of consent lowered to what it now is (I think it's 14 -- Masao? Confirmation?)."

Thirteen, according to the Wikipedia, with various local restrictions. It doesn't say why, though.

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. I've been playing EaW for about 5 or 6 hours now. The land battles are insanely hard! Some reason I have no problem with space battles. Guess I'm a better admiral than a general. I guess it helps that the space battle is pretty much a clone of Star Trek Armada's play-style

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, ground battle do seem to be harder, for some reason...

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What side are you playing, Bang? I found that, as the empire, my vehicles were insanely vulnerable to rebel rocket soldiers, four of them can take an AT-ST in 3-4 volleys. But the empire has the inexpensive TIE Mauler, which runs over soldiers.
So I always keep a fast-response mauler unit, they can't take even two rockets but they are fast.

Likewise, as rebels I always keep a large number of rocket soldiers around the hover cars and launcher trucks.

And use buildpads smartly, when you encounter them. An anti-infantry/vehicle turret in the right place can make one hell of a difference.

Da_bang80
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've played some skirmish levels as both sides, and I'm doing Galactic Conquest as the rebels. Ya. Those Plex Soldiers are nasty. Those Mauler units are nasty too. I was fighting for my life on Tatooine when a Mauler comes by and runs over half my infantry squads. I was like "What the flying fuck!"

My defining moment in this game was when I had to defend Kashyyyk against an Imp Star, a trio of Missile cruisers and a pair of picket ships with a level 1 space station and 2 squads of X and Y-Wings. I lost the station and 3 of my squadrons but I still forced the Empire to retreat after losing it's Star Destroyer and all but two of the picket ships. Never underestimate the power of those flying bathtubs.

--------------------
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boy I am really excited about this game. Can't wait to get it on Saturday/Sunday. Anyways, responding to the Kotor2 comments, exactly what is this mid game bug. I remeber encoutering a big bug on Dxun when after defending the Mandolorian base from the Sith when halfway between a conversation I was having with a character I suddenly had to redo the mission and battle the same Sith yet again. I certainly wouldn't have expected this kind of shit in the first and more superior Kotor1.

BTW, how did Japanese sexcapades find their way into a discussion about a Star Wars game [Wink]

Da_bang80
Member # 528

The midgame bug was when you entered the secret Jedi Academy on that snowy plateau. When you walk in and click the light side convo dialog "we mean you no harm" or something like that. the plot stalls. You're stuck there, the dialog is messed, and It took a patch and a few edits with the KoTOR Savegame Editor to fix it.

Also. I went to boot up EaW today and It won't work anymore. Something about emulation/Cd Protection. I went to the Lucasarts website and there's a lot of other people complaining about the SecuROM7 being screwed up. Well. Woopdie-Fucking-Doo! I know have a 60 dollar worthless video game! Time to go get my money back. I'm so pissed!

--------------------

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have that, must be some special mix of PC components that provokes the reaction. It plays just fine to me.

Regarding TSL, I thought it was more rewarding to play as DS in this game, what with you being able to "turn" almost everyone in the roster, except T3-M4. And there were more opportunities to play bad, as well. I hit Dark Side mastery in record time in the last playthrough, right after purging the Ithorian compound at Telos. Also, the way each of the male/female player models look different as darksider was nicely done. I think I have found the most terrible female DS version in my current character, one of the asian builds.

Da_bang80: Y-Wings are very good at chomping up ship hardpoints. They sometimes come at my fleet in swarms of fifty, during the late parts of the game, takes time to swat them out. I wish I could have all the graphics settings set to max, but a Radeon 9800 256 is not enuff these days, and the current Shader capabilitities are staggering.

Da_bang80
Member # 528

Yeah. Aparently it happens to some people and not others. And some fixes work for some and not others. So far nothing's really worked for me

But I'm going to wait a few days see if there's a new patch or fix for the game before I return it.

[ February 24, 2006, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: Da_bang80 ]

--------------------

Nim
Member # 205

Well, finished it as Empire, a few interesting things got my notice in the always-majestic SW end credits;

$$$$$$$$$$ Typical Computer-game-end-credits spoilers, we know what a bitch those usually are$$$$$$$$$

The voice of Boba Fett actually was Temuera Morrison. His Slave-I was one of the funniest ships in the game to use, I thought that was a neat addition. A pity I never got to use him on the ground, as a unit. He can do some nasty stuff apparently.

Also cool that the voice of (here) Colonel Veers was done by Jamie Glover, Julian Glover's son.
Not only that, but I discovered that Jamie had done Veers in "Battlefront 2" as well, and apparently several voices in KotOR 2, if iMDB is correct. Anyway, cool that he sounds like his father. I've always liked Julian Glover, ever since his Richard Plantagenet in the 1982 british version of "Ivanhoe".

Da_bang80
Member # 528

Boba Fett as a ground unit has a Flamethrower and a Jetpack ability. I got my game working again. Little registry fix was all that was needed. I conquered an entire planet with 2 infiltrator units today. Damn that was fun.

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well if you want more fun, I've come acros this German Mod for Empire at War called Steiner's Advanced Units Mod. It's currently at Version 3.0 and it is the sickest shit ever. It has some cool units from EU books, comics, and games. There's everything from TIE Defenders to Chiss Clawcraft!

Here's a link to the website(they have 3 mirrors, but I believe only one link works and it might take a while) It's worth the wait because it has so much:

http://www.steiner-modding.com/

And there's a english translation patch someone made (bad english mind you but you have to give the guy A for effort).

http://files.filefront.com/Master_Text_File_English_2rar/;5997189;;/fileinfo.html

And finally one other person made an AI patch to make the enemy AI more aggressive.

http://rapidshare.de/files/36730914/Zarkis_SAU_3.0_AI_Mod_V1.1_.zip.html

So enjoy and let me know what you think.

P.S.- It doesn't overwrite the original game, just make sure you have a folder called Mods inside your Gamedata folder for EAW. If you need help just ask or go to the mod's website.

Da_bang80
Member # 528

Wow, way to dredge up an old thread. At least you chose a good one. I havn't played EaW for a while. (I did get it working again, one of the patches fixed that issue)

[URL=http://empireatwar.filefront.com/][/URL]

Heres another good site with a ton of mods. A lot of people say filefront sucks, but I think it's alright, no waiting an hour for your file like at fileplanet.

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Yeah I've been to that site, and there are many interesting mods there. However, the aforementioned mod is the most complete one I found and according to some people down at filefront's forum, these people have been working on said mod since before EAW was even released. I picture a bunch of guys in a dungeon still working at 2:00 AM trying to make their model of a Star Destroyer look exactly like Industrial Light and Magic's model [Razz]
Nim
Member # 205

That does look like a nice mod.

Noticed that TIE/D also is available in the new expansion pack "Empire at War: Forces of Corruption".

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.