Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Original Star Wars Trilogy on DVD for First Time (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Original Star Wars Trilogy on DVD for First Time
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Key word here, "Original."

As in, "Han shoots first."

"In response to overwhelming demand, Lucasfilm Ltd. and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment will release attractively priced individual two-disc releases of Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. Each release includes the 2004 digitally remastered version of the movie, as well as the original theatrical edition of the film. That means you'll be able to enjoy Star Wars as it first appeared in 1977, Empire in 1980, and Jedi in 1983."

AWESOME!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'BOUT FREAKIN' TIME!!!
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
In response to overwhelming demand, Lucasfilm Ltd. and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment will release attractively priced individual two-disc releases of Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. Each release includes the 2004 digitally remastered version of the movie and, as bonus material, the theatrical edition of the film. That means you'll be able to enjoy Star Wars as it first appeared in 1977, Empire in 1980, and Jedi in 1983.
So, do you think they'll fix the music track this time around? I don't like watching my DVDs now because you can hardly hear the music, especially when the attack on the Death Star starts.

B.J.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh...I'm sure something will be missing or outrageously altered to make you all buy yet a more "definitive" boxed set later...

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, since the new DVD format is just starting to gain momentum ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great news!

But of course, I cannot help but think that this was Lucas' plan all along. After all, why miss such an obvious profitable opportunity? The DVDs will be released again and again in the years to come.

--------------------
Meh

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is Fox pushing HD-DVD or Blu-Ray?
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't bought any of the Star Wars DVDs yet. I'm still holding out hope that his next round of tinkering will give us the ultimate Star Wars experience -- customisable. Just put all the footage on the DVDs, and let the viewer pick what he wants. Whether thats Original Theatrical Release, Special Edition, this latest DVD travesty, something that hasn't been finished yet, or a fan-selectable version where you can select to include the Anchorhead sequence, or the extended version of Luke's Jedi training, or...

Of course, I re-wrote Eps I-III and VI, so those don't count. *heh*

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whatever animosity I have felt toward Lucas is now substantially alleviated. THANK YOU, GEORGE LUCAS!

Of course, he still needs to release the original cut of THX-1138 and The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles...

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I look forward to everyone buying them and then complaining about the video quality and sound being really, really rubbish on the original theatrical versions. Personally, I'm much more interested in LEGO Star Wars II coming out on that day.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohhhhhh YAY! The Yub Yub song! I was SO annoyed in 1997 when they got rid of the Ewok song at the end of Jedi.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

I'm ambivalent about the song change at the end, but I definitely preferred "Lapti Nek" over "Jedi Rocks".
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As long as they still have the one Stormtrooper who conks his head on the Death Star door I'll be happy...

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They have that in all versions anyway.

I didn't think that either of the two Jedi ending songs were good enough for a "it's finally over" type piece. I do prefer the "let's look at all the planets celebrating" stuff to "oh look, the Rebels and Ewoks are having a fireworks party."

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know, but in the new DVD release the added a *Thunk* sound effect I believe, just to make it more prominent to veiwers. Funniest moment in Star Wars.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps