Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Star Wars documentary on DVD

Author Topic: Star Wars documentary on DVD
Zara
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys, just thought you might all like to know about this as I am working on it. Thanks.

Indie film team make inspirational Star Wars documentary �George and Me�

5HeadsTall Productions, the Manchester UK based company responsible for the hugely successful online TV show �Inside Report�, are thrilled to announce that the long awaited documentary, �George and Me� is to be released on DVD on 30th September 2006.

�George and Me� investigates how much of a positive �force� Star Wars has been on fans� lives since its release nearly 30 years ago. It shows that the traditional stereotype of the �geeky� fan has little value in today�s world and that being a fan can really enrich your life and give you the courage to shoot for the stars. It features interviews with fans such as Albin Johnson founder of the 501st,, and Shane Felux director of �Revelations�, the most successful fan-film to date. It also features many other fans from across the globe who have all done amazing and wonderful things because of their love for Star Wars.

The film took the two indie producers, Sky Wilson and Vin Kelly, nearly 2 years to complete, financing the whole operation themselves. They travelled across the United States and all over England in order to see first hand the amazing accomplishments that fans had achieved.

�All of the fans fans we met were special people and should get the recognition they deserve�, said Sky.

�We wanted to show that Star Wars fans are really wonderful people who have done great things as a result of liking Star Wars,� adds Vin.

This film is the company�s first foray into documentary filmmaking and they hope it�s not the last.

The film is released on DVD in Region 1 and Region 2 formats on 30th September 2006.

You can watch the trailer for �George and Me� at the following link:

www.georgeandme.co.uk/trailer.html

IP: Logged
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, is this spam I smell?
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SPAM!?!? In my beloved Star Wars forum!

Well at least he wasn't advertising for his fucking book this time...

Get lost Zara, and take your lameass documentary with you. That's one Star Wars themed show I will not be looking forward to.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not that I'm thrilled about the official Star Wars themed TV shows either. [Smile]
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Defeat The Fortress presents

I Dream of Gene and Me

March 2009

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I would remove the link, but it's in the signature, anyway. So, just plain locking it is, then.

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps