Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Star Wars 30th Anniversary! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Star Wars 30th Anniversary!
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So this friday will mark the 30th anniversary of Star Wars IV: A New Hope. I heard the DJ on the radio talking about while the opening score was playing in the background. I wonder of Georgie's having a big party about it. I hope so, because Star Wars has been a part of me ever since I was born. It would be a shame not to celebrate something that's brought happiness to me and millions of other people in the world.

Hooray for Star Wars!

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Georgie is celebrating, some convention called Celebration IV.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno what this "A New Hope" crap is all about; but it is the 30th anniversary of "Star Wars." [Razz]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was there! I saw Star Wars the first weekend it opened. I saw it about 10 times that summer. I took anyone I could drag along. I completely lost my mind.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw it in the theater the first time, too. Okay, I was three, but I was there!
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't alive at the time, but it was on ITV just about every x-mas in the 80's so I got to see it plenty.
of course never got to see it on the big screen until '97 and that was the not so Special Edition at the Salisbury Odeon.
Somehow I feel I've missed out on the "experience".

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first time I saw it I was completely blown away. I probably didn't blink for two hours. I'd only seen the newspaper ads and read the review in Time magazine proclaiming it the year's best movie. I hadn't seen any trailers on TV. I had no idea what I would see. The whole damn United States reacted the same way.

The first scene of Star Wars (the boarding of Leia's ship) remains my favorite scene in any movie.

Unfortunately, I think the internet has ruined movies for me.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must admit I miss watching a movie with only the vaguest notion of what it's about and getting a pleasant surprise. I think the last time that happened was "True Romance" which remains one of my favourites (same deal for Leon, Donnie Darko & Ghost in the Shell.)

These days if a "Big" movie comes out you can't get away from all the trailers, tv spots, posters, internet banners and (if you're a AICN visiting film geek like me) pre-release reviews and script spoilers.

I have promised myself that I'll try not to watch anything to do with the new Batman film when they start promoting that later this year, but I doubt I have the will power.

Yeah, back on topic. Anyone want to place bets how long before they release ANOTHER limited edition - never to be relesed again special DVD set with Ewan McGregor's face CG'd over Alec Guinness's? Aren't they doing a Star Wars TV show too? I'd be surprised if that turns out to be any good.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two of them, I think. A cartoon, and a live-action.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's the Trailer for the Clone Wars cartoon.

http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000478.html

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An entire new series where no one of importance on either side will die, just a bunch of expendable droids and endless posturing.

With ILM and Lucasfilm behind it, I would've thought it would be at least more detailed than The Incredibles, but Yoda, Kenobi and Anakin look even cruder than Toy Story.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Well, its basically in style of the clone wars shorts but in 3-d.
HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And how does it fit into the continuity? The original Clone Wars shorts take us right up to Episode III.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

I wondered that myself as I see Obi-wan flying the Ep.II Jedi starfighter with Ep.III Venators in the background. Furthermore it looks like the CIS have what a appears to be a precursor to the Death Star.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like a waste of time.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.