Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » "I love you." 'I know.' (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: "I love you." 'I know.'
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A very rough search has truned up quite few people working in the industry in the mid-seventies who were Vietnam Vets. Fingers of one hand, really - Dennis Franz, Brion James, Tom Savini, Tucker Smallwood and Oliver Stone. I'm afraid it's beyond my searching abilities to come up with a list of twentysomething-in-the-mid-seventies American male actors who might have been eligible for the draft prior to 1973. Born in 1951, Mark Hamill could have been eligible, but it would appear he got an exemption by going to college.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Harrison Ford would have been just too old to get drafted when the war started. In 1965 he would have been 23.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
I think Harrison Ford would have been just too old to get drafted when the war started. In 1965 he would have been 23.

23 is not too old for the draft.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Key words, "I THINK "

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In 1965, Harrison Ford was 23. And 23 is not too old to be drafted. The disconnect here is that, apparently, they didn't start drafting for Vietnam until 1969.
shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
In 1965, Harrison Ford was 23. And 23 is not too old to be drafted. The disconnect here is that, apparently, they didn't start drafting for Vietnam until 1969.

There's a lot of smackdowns going on in this particular thread...

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe people should get their facts straight before shooting their mouths off...

...Carrie Fisher, this means YOU!

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Leia was all about diplomacy and would've stood with Jane Fonda and done army-incriminating documentary footage, calling out Nixon to remove his vile stench from the lands. Then, workout videos.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So...Leia would eventually marry Tarkin?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps