Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » No means no... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: No means no...
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to have to be a lot higher than that to go see this latest piece of shit Lucas is shoveling.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems more like a kids movie than anything eles, not really meant for anyone but the kids, and die-hard fans.

I'll probably go see it with my little brother. I just hope he doesn't dress up like Vader. Looks like a complete fool...

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't Lucas claim all the SW films were "really for kids" or smth?
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I remember he something like that. Though I can't say I agree with his statement. I mean there's a lot of adult issues like war, death, decapitation, political intrigue, and making out with your sister.
shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"It was just a peck, I swear!"

Anyway, now I've been informed that Anakin has an apprentice and I just saw a commercial with a baby Hutt so it's set, I refuse to see it at all. No amount of Reese's will convince me otherwise.

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe Asajj Ventress also has a ship which moves like an Octopus. It captures Jabba the Hutt's sail barge.
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by shikaru808:
"It was just a peck, I swear!"

Anyway, now I've been informed that Anakin has an apprentice and I just saw a commercial with a baby Hutt so it's set, I refuse to see it at all. No amount of Reese's will convince me otherwise.

Think "Reese's BIG CUP".....MULTI-PAK!

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So on this whole Reese's cup thing... up here, a regular pack has 3 and the king size at the theatre has 4... what do y'all get?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A normal pack, that you'd find on the grocery store shelves, has two, and costs anywhere from $.50 to $.70. King size has 4 I think, and is a dollar and the ones used for fundraising for scouts and such has 3, and also costs a dollar. Have Hershey's changed the wrappers up there yet, or do you still have the wrapper we've seen for as long as I can remember? They changed the wrapper to look more traditional recently, harking back to the '50's wrappers. Hershey's and Mars did that infact.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do find that the choice to set the time of the plot between episode 2 and 3 was stupid. When we've already seen episode 3 and know who will live and who will die, it necessitates the creation of a bunch of retconned, soon-to-die semi-baddies, usually robotic, since Lucasfilm lost the nerve to show blood ever since Willow.

However, I think it is still a long way for real Star Wars "fans" to get hissy fits and shriek or whine like the Tolkien purists (alt: smug elitists) cried and moaned over the LOTR trilogy, pretending that anyone cared what they thought.

The sensible thing would be, when a new thing is made from a franchise you like, to watch it, cherish the few good parts and forget the bad.

And for those of you in the States who don't want to go to the cinema because ticket prices have gone up, try going to the movies in certain parts of europe and scandinavia, where you can land on up to 20 bucks.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never saw Willow. Was it gory and badly received?
Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll go and see it.

I despise those piles of crap prequels Lucas has been spoon feeding us, but the Clone Wars animated series was surprisingly good. This is more of the same but in 3D, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
I never saw Willow. Was it gory and badly received?

Not especially gory, at least I don't think so. If you've never seen it, it's at least worth a rent if you like films where Val Kilmer argues with a midget. Seriously though, I think it's one of the better "sword and sorcery" type fantasy films ever made...the sum total of which can probably be counted on one hand (good ones that is.)

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it is a decent coming-of-age story and has good diversity in the scenery and environments, which is important for adventure fantasy flicks. Movie score was ok too.

I checked out the Clone Wars imdb-stuff, it seems Genndy Tartakovsky, who did the original three seasons of Clone Wars, has nothing to do with either directing or visuals this time. Instead it's some guy called Dave Filoni, whose only merit seems to be having directed seven episodes of "Avatar: the last air-bender".

The writers Steven Melching and Scott Murphy are total never-heard-of's, their imdb-profiles have no info at all. Writer Henry Gilroy seems to have been in the business since at least 1992, even though most of the shows he's written for seems to be tripe marketed for 8-year olds, like "Timon and Pumbaa" and "Bionicles".

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pensive's Wetness:
it' just... i mean, the movie is a escuse to justify the poor writting of Parts 2 & 3.

It's an excuse to make money. Which is what all films are suppossed to do, really.

I'm not sure. I liked the 2d series, but I dunno how well it'll work in CGI. I'll probably go and see it, but I might check out some reviews first.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.