Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008) $$$$$$$$$ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008) $$$$$$$$$
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well thank you Mr.Spock.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mars:
quote:
Also that "mystery shuttle" looks like the lambda shuttle from the classic movies, albeit with a different cockpit and no middle "wing".
Looks like, yes, though the individual parts look different on the two.
Ah, the wookiepedia has updated for the movie and has it as the Nu Class attack shuttle, nice.

Imagine trying to get this information ten years ago. Man, we are spoiled.

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny tidbit: in the flight simulator "Star Wars: Tie Fighter", Lambda class shuttles appearing in flight missions where always named after some of the shorter greek letters, such as Tau, Mu and Nu.
Wonder if the naming of this new ship is a coincedence?

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New ship.

Nu-class.

Heh.

Also, I would like to say that that "fully clad" Y-wing is ugly. Give me the stripped down Y-wing anyday.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Nim
Member # 205

The first SW Incredible Cross-sections from 1998 has a sketch of the Y-Wing with hull plating, and it's a BIT more practical.
HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
Funny tidbit: in the flight simulator "Star Wars: Tie Fighter", Lambda class shuttles appearing in flight missions where always named after some of the shorter greek letters, such as Tau, Mu and Nu.
Wonder if the naming of this new ship is a coincedence?

Probably. It's keeping in the same imaginative vein of using Greek letters for names. Not much of a stretch.

My question is this - if the Nu class is older than the Lambda class then why are they not in alphabetical order?

Of course this assumes they were using the Greek alphabet a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I don't like the new (err old) Y-wing. It looks like a traffic cone. Give me the stripped down Rebel version any day.
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno. I kinda like that they added in the bubble turret from McQuarrie's original concept. I just hope it has the same engine hum as in ANH.
Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why would one want to create so much internal volume only to waste it? It's like a car having an enormous long hood when the engine's in the dash.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cargo space? Weapons bays? Aerodynamics? Components that were later replaced with smaller ones? Hot tub? You could really come up with a million reasons.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Long range fuel tanks, heavy ordinance bays, mother ship docking clamps? I actually quite like the "old look", especially how they continued the contours of the nose all the way back, that would have never occurred to me.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Nim
Member # 205

Well in any case, wouldn't you rather fly even that prequel Y-Wing than be stuck with this lovely thing? ... wait for it ...

The craft used by the main character in Lucasarts' new "The Force Unleashed" game, available to every console and playing system known to man EXCEPT PC; I give you, the Rogue Shadow!

-

First of all, great name. Not at all up "Cliché" cess pool without a paddle.

The Scenario: A disgruntled "Sienar Fleet Systems"-employee sneaks in at the office at night on a weekend, drunk as a skunk and two days from unemployment due to production being outsourced (to Kamino or Mustafar or perhaps Ethnic-Minoritiosis VII).
He takes a corellian YT-2400 transport, a TIE Interceptor and 5 chosen office droids (currently in sleep mode) who gave him lip during his 15 years with the company, and ceremoniously dumps it all in an industrial trash compactor, making sure to press down on the "ENGAGE"-button with his dick, and out comes this thing.

I don't know what to say. The ship speaks to me, "...k-kill me...kiiiill meee...".

Can you imagine this thing taking part in a battle??
Wing Leader: "Shadow-2, bandit two o'clock!!"
S2: "Huh?"
SL: "Shadow-2, bogey, Ten o'clock!!"
S2: "What? Where-AAAH!"

I'll bet ten donkeys filled with colombian marching powder that the creative team behind this abortion have posters of the "Batman Begins" Bat-PanzerKampfWagen pinned to the ceiling above their canvas bunk beds, next to a SPACEBALL-1 centerfold, in the Lucasarts maximum security "motivational" compound, 20 stories below the San Fransisco peninsula.

[ August 22, 2008, 05:45 AM: Message edited by: Nim ]

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Except PC? Nevermind then.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, as fun as the game looks I'm not buying a new console just for that...not even for that and MGS4.
What was their excuse for not porting to PC again? Most people don't have high end PC's? Have they SEEN some of the more popular PC games lately?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in the middle of playing MGS4. You're not missing much if you like games that don't focus on crawling in the dirt...(the story is incredible as always, however.)
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps