Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Clone Wars Season 1 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Clone Wars Season 1
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched the first season mostly in one go. I liked it, despite the fact we already know what will ultimately happen to everyone. Lots of good action, laser sword fights, and plenty of development for the clone troopers as well as the characters we know. As a tech junkie, I really liked the incorporation of the "new" Y-wing bombers, in their pristine condition.

Fun show all around. Still don't like Anakin, especially since he's being portrayed as a reasonably competant if reckless commander. One wonders how his personality took a nosedive before Episode III...

Thoughts?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tend to agree with those points. The only criticisms I have is that the character animation can get a little too Gerry Anderson at times and the music has a habit of whacking you over the head.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I haven't seen every episode, but the ones I have seen are okay. The only thing that takes away from the experience is fact that we know how the Clone Wars end, so when I see a bunch of republic citizens cheering about the fact that Clones are gonna be stationed on their planet I think to myself, "Don't get too happy". May ask how you got to see all the eps in one go, I don't know of any places that are streaming online.
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've enjoyed the series, and my son especially loves it, so we have fun watching it together. But yeah, my only crit is Anakin doesn't seem to be as "troubled" as he was even in Episode II. Personally, I'm enjoying the episodes that don't focus on Anakin, so we get to see some of the other Jedi in action.
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
May ask how you got to see all the eps in one go, I don't know of any places that are streaming online.

Surfthechannel.com has links to the clone wars episodes on megavideo.com.

http://www.surfthechannel.com/show/60625.html

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree that the portrayal of Anakin is nothing like his portrayal in the films. But, frankly, that's kind of in favor of the cartoon, isn't it?
Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm working on a tech roundup.

http://www.nolettershome.info

--------------------
G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this on DVD yet?
I've only seen the first few episodes on DVD.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark Nguyen wrote:
quote:
Lots of good action, laser sword fights,
(the correct term is "lightrapier", ed. note)
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're sure it wasn't a lightépée?
Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TSN wrote:
quote:
You're sure it wasn't a lightépée?
(that term is falsely attributed to Star Wars by dapper laymen, it actually denotes the tool used by Olympic sports-fencers who are big on musical theatre. ed. note)
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Luke did wear tights in the first movie, right?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
Member # 205

Jason Abbadon wrote:
quote:
Well, Luke did wear tights in the first movie, right?
(George Lucas, LucasFilm and Skywalker Ranch© reserve the right to set the canon definition of tight pants. For the record, master Skywalker was wearing tattooine boy's breeches and a pair of rabbitskin kneehighs, appropriated from a Ber* L*rs, and his father's lightrapier.)
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

(Lazer Sword)
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's pretty good, but God damn are those droids stupid. It's like they're all running on Windows Vista [Wink]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.