Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Clone Wars Season 1 (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Clone Wars Season 1
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er...is there ONE damn DVD I can buy with the entire season?!?
There are two seperate ones for sale but I dont think they even cover the whole season- each DVD seems to have four episodes each....and that's it.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Captain Untouchable
Member # 2161

- posted      Profile for Captain Untouchable     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate it when stuff gets released on DVD a volume at a time. >_<

When I saw the movie, I initially wasn't impressed. Like an earlier poster says, its pretty Gerry Anderson, and I just thought the story was lacking. It works really well in the short installments though; and you get past the initial discomfort with the animation style pretty quick.

I love how they recast Jar Jar Binks' voice half way through as well, and he was *still* annoying beyond belief. I kinda like the dumbass droids, though, and pre-emo Anakin; I like all the variation in the clones as well. You never got to see that in the live action stuff.

And yeah; I'm tripping out on the tech junkie front as well. The Y-Wings are awesome; I love that dome gun turret they have in this configuration. Conjures up illusions of WW2 Bombers, which to me fits perfectly with their role across the EU.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear ya on the tech stuff- as a modeler, it's been a race among my peers to master kits for all the new designs- that proto-Y-Wing in particular.

A question- the new DVD release (the second so far) deals with a rescue from a super-battleship called the Malevelence.

Is that it? I mean, if I buy that will I have everything or is there more to come?
As I dont watch TV, I miss this sort od stuff when it airs and eventually just watch DVD sets- in this case I have no idea if the series is ongoing or what.

I gotta say, with the possible gripe about the jerkiness of the lightsaber action, I LOVE this series' look- sooooo much better than the old Clone Wars cartoons.
Hell, It'd be great to see some capital ships pound on each other in an epic space battle- the one place a Jedi is most useless.

Captain Untouchable
Member # 2161

- posted      Profile for Captain Untouchable     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Malevolance episode is still pretty early on. It sounds like they're releasing them in individual volumes, rather than a complete season. They did/do that with Stargate; since the episode number is similar, I'd expect four or five volumes with a handful of episodes to come out first, before they get around to releasing the entire season in one go.

I'd say keep an eye and ear out; there's sure to be pleanty of fanfare when they release Season 1 as a full collection.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I'll be looking for a full season bootleg at the Anime con next week- with Bruce Campbell, baby!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Untouchable:

I love how they recast Jar Jar Binks' voice half way through as well, and he was *still* annoying beyond belief.

Seriously, he went from sounding like normal Jar-Jar to sounding like cigarette smoking Jar- Jar. All the more reason to hate him I guess.
babala
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Spam-B-Gone]

[ August 28, 2009, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: TSN ]

IP: Logged
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Deadwood DVD? Why do I get the feeling you put that there.
omplete
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[spam removed]

[ January 10, 2010, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: Charles Capps ]

IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps