Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Luke and Leia! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Luke and Leia!
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Minutiaeman:
I think the biggest lesson from all the prequels was that the Jedi were a bunch of self-absorbed pricks and that they needed to be wiped out almost to the last man in order to learn some humility. Consider how full of themselves Yoda and Mace Windu were in the various council scenes, and contrast to Yoda's more sensible spiritualism in "Empire".

quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
I'm not even sure that's the story he was trying to tell.

I'm almost positive that wasn't what Lucas was trying to convey. But Minutiaeman's right; that's how it came across. I really hated Mace Windu's self-righteous attitude, and when Palpatine killed him I almost felt he deserved it for being so stupid.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My point is, the story of how the noble, honorable Jedi that we all thought we knew from the original trilogy also had some major character flaws and sort of brought alot of things on themselves isn't a bad story to tell. Especially against the backdrop of everything else going on. Why couldn't Lucas have told that story? Instead of the story of how Anakin awkwardly whined his way into Padme's pants? Or the story of how C3PO's head got switched with a Battle Droid?

Ugh.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps