Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Clone Wars Season Two! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Clone Wars Season Two!
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know that bit in the prequels was a little hard to understand since it was never really explained how the force is not in balance to begin with. Was it balanced too much to the light because there were thousands of Jedi for only two Sith or because the Sith were the ones really running the show and the Jedi were practically blind?

A little more of that and a little less juvenile tantrums and board meetings would have been nice I think... [Wink]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems that the Jedi are supposed to be far more powerful than they were in the prequels- which only makes sense I suppose if an order of maybe a couple hundred could have served as peacekeepers for an entire freakin' galaxy.

In Episode II Mace Windu suggests to Yoda that it might be time to tell the Chancellor that their ability to use te force is diminished-
What that means exactly is never made clear, though obviously clarivoyance used to play a much larger role in things.

Of course, the Chancellor already knows exactly how blind and "diminished" the Jedi are- since they could not detect his evil from across a desk!

Even Luke was more on the ball than that!

I think that the inbalance has less to do with the overall number of Jedi or Sith and more o do with the trillions of lifeforms in the galaxy living in an environment devoid of the darkside's components: fear, anger, etc.
In that sense, Anakin's going bad and the rise of the Empire would indeed have balanced scales- if the books are any indicator, the New Republic that takes the empire's place is a far less tranquil place- strife and turmoil is common but it's not total fear and oppresion either.

I can see the Jedi and Sith as focal points for opposing forces- Sith might each be compared to giant coal plants: belching pollution all the time and each causing a huge amount of damage to the environment while each Jedi is like a single tree in a forest: processing the bad in large numbers.

Or maybe Lucas just wrote someting he thoght sounded cool with no clear idea.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I vote for the latter.
Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wait till you get to Mortis. Everything will change, yet it will all stay the same.

Even though it was by no means the same sort of story, it was as shockingly different a Star Wars tale as "Far Beyond the Stars" was for Trek.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched Mortis via itunes- freakin' awesome!

A real departure...but obviously in line with the "Space opera" Lucas had in mind back at the begining.

Did the father remind anyone else of Alpha Trion from Transformers G1?
Same sorta "old wise man" thing with the same beard and eyes...

Pretty crazy episodes- I realy thought they were going to have to put Ashoka down for a minute...but even with two lightsabers, she was obviously not giving Anakin or Obi wan much trouble.

Cant believe seson 3 does not come out on DVD untill freakin October!

Gotta get me a bootleg...

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you need to use the thread dusting. you are BESEICHED!(sp) and its cute...

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

So make with the Moses pic already!
Hook a poster up.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mortis is interesting (for a Darth Malak-clone), if Anakin didn't already have too much retconning and reverse backstory stuffed into him to choke a space slug. It's one thing for CW to come up with plot events that go against the Old trilogy, but it's bad if they put in stuff that challenges the narrative of the prequels, even.
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
So make with the Moses pic already!
Hook a poster up.

do what i do, search it... [Razz]
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

So...lazy...powers...fading...

Nim, that's why I,kinda love the episodes- they''re SO out of step that I kept saying "This'll have a Reset Button or be a dream...and in the end, it kinda had both.

these Force wielders were pretty godlike and were a whole new set of archetypes for Star Wars (and Lucas loooves his archetypes).

Loved the vision Ashoka had of herself as an adult- and how they went with a more realistic CGI model of her for her adult self.
Well played.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps