Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Star Wars - Clone Wars Thoughts, Observations and pretty pics (semispoilers) (Page 4)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Star Wars - Clone Wars Thoughts, Observations and pretty pics (semispoilers)
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, and I was just getting back into it...

TRON: Uprising also got the axe, and I loved that show.

And that godawful Spiderman cartoon is still on the air...

Everything is terrible.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also saw an article about this at io9, and someone in the comments was suggesting that, because of the way the show is produced, they've probably got almost a season's worth of episodes still waiting to be aired. I don't know if that's true or not, but one can hope.

Gotta say, though, that, while I was cautiously optimistic that Disney wouldn't screw things up when they bought SW, I don't see this as a promising start.

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out http://starwars.com/news/a-new-direction-for-lucasfilm-animation.html

They definately have unaired material and somehow they're going to make it available.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I finally[/] got to watch the season/series finale...Gotta say, it was bittersweet.

Total agreement with Palpaltine's voice change not working- I had no idea the actor behind him had died.

***SPOILERS***

So...I'm thrilled that Ventress did not get killed and moreso that Ashoka also survived.

I was hoping the two of them would say "Fuck it" and get a ship together or something- that would make for a series unto itself, with their two backgrounds balancing each other.
She's got no money and Ventress is the only person she really knows outside the Jedi order so...in my mind's eye, she does indeed partner up with Ventress, get a ship and maybe make a living running refugees away from harm's way. That would explain her absence from the OT.

The end credits were very sober- no SW fanfare...

The Temple guards were pretty cool- but obviously are either re-assigned or easily slain when Anakin leads a bunch of clone troops on his darkside killing spree in ROTS.

Barris though....man. I loved her character- and her speech before the Senate's little mock trial was perfect- the Jedi [i]had
lost their way.

Thus ends the last of the truly great animated series on the air- joining Star Wars is
Green Lantern (my second favorite show)
Young Justice (a great under-rated super hero cartoon)

What the fuck is going on exactly?!?

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
So...I'm thrilled that Ventress did not get killed and moreso that Ashoka also survived.

I was hoping the two of them would say "Fuck it" and get a ship together or something- that would make for a series unto itself, with their two backgrounds balancing each other.
She's got no money and Ventress is the only person she really knows outside the Jedi order so...in my mind's eye, she does indeed partner up with Ventress, get a ship and maybe make a living running refugees away from harm's way. That would explain her absence from the OT.

Honestly, I've always assumed that Ahsoka would not survive in the long term, and that the final episode of the series would be either:

1) Ahsoka dies just prior to the events of Revenge of the Sith. Anakin's sorrow at losing his friend and padawan pushes him towards being more possessive of Padme and thus further into Palpatine's influence, or...

2) Ahsoka survives the events of Revenge of the Sith (likely now as, no longer a Jedi, she's not subject to Order 66), but Palpatine orders Vader to hunt her down to tie up loose ends. Or, to tie into your idea, maybe Palpatine orders Vader to hunt down Ventress, and finds Ahsoka in the process.

quote:
Thus ends the last of the truly great animated series on the air- joining Star Wars is
Green Lantern (my second favorite show)
Young Justice (a great under-rated super hero cartoon)

What the fuck is going on exactly?!?

Right there with you. I was really enjoying Green Lantern, Bruce Timm's still got it. Young Justice was pretty good too.

As for why they got canceled? From what I've read, they weren't selling toys.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
As for why they got canceled? From what I've read, they weren't selling toys.

No, it cant be that for GL- there was a toy line planned but they were never made.
I think the GL animated series got dragged down by that shithole of a live action GL movie- and the movie's awful, poorly articulated figures, which were all "peg warmers" as us figure collectors say.
Those figures are still stinking up the shelves of Toys R Us- long after target and Wal Mart clearanced all their stock for as little as $2 each.

The young Justice line of toys though..those were just insulting.
They were 3.5" tall, (making them in scale with no other line) and had a retail price of $12.95 with only FIVE lousy points of articulation!
Compare that to the 21 points of articulation on the 4" Marvel figures (retailing at the time for only $8)and you get a Young Justice line that was stillborn before it ever hit shelves- and was on clearance within a month of release.

I was actually suprised that show made it through it's storyline.
I totally understand Young Justice getting canned- even omitting the failure of the toy line, storywise, it was a bad idea to completely remove all the most popular characters (Batman, superman, GL, etc). I get that they needed to be off earth to focus the story more on the teens, but a secondary plotline with the JLA fighting to get back to Earth would have made things more exciting- instead we see the JLA just standing around in an obviously rigged courtrom, episode after episode...

But when you look at GL and CW, their cancellations are senseless- they were Cartoon Networks highest rated shows (with Adventure Time also being a big hit- love that show).

Why cancel success?
Same goes for Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes- Disney XD's top show and they canned it- to be replaced with a dumbed-down version of the same idea, more in line with the idiotic Spectacular Spider Man, which is laughably bad.

Getting back to Clone Wars, there are still a few big loose ends to tie up- most notably, what was Sideous going to do with poor Darth Maul...
And what did he do with the project to clone the Zilobeast from season three?

And what happens to Mother Talsend? I dont think she got killed or anything, IIRC.

What happens to Barris? She seemed ripe for turning full on to the Darkside- she could have become a new assassin for Dooku....or she could have been allowed to escape to further tarnish the Jedi reputation.
Funny that Sideous seemed uninvolved in taht whole incident.

And what of Rex? We know Cody disapoints by trying to shoot Kenobi in the back (that asshat) but Rex is not (to my knowledge) in on the whole Jedi massacre.

I was also hoping we'd get to see Mon Mothma get a peek behind the curtain and start to piece things together before the series' end- or maybe it would have been Bail Organa taht would have led the Rebel Alliance had he not been blown to dust by the Death Star.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
But when you look at GL and CW, their cancellations are senseless- they were Cartoon Networks highest rated shows (with Adventure Time also being a big hit- love that show).

Why cancel success?
Same goes for Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes- Disney XD's top show and they canned it- to be replaced with a dumbed-down version of the same idea, more in line with the idiotic Spectacular Spider Man, which is laughably bad.

Whoa there. I think (or at least hope) you're mixing up your Spider-Man cartoons. Spectacular Spider-Man (which, like Young Justice, was headed up by Greg Weisman) was awesome. Then Disney bought Marvel, and from what I understand, immediately gave the show the axe. It was a miracle they even decided to show the already-completed Season 2. They then replaced it with Ultimate Spider-Man, which is indeed idiotic and laughably bad.

And completely agreed with Adventure Time. Definitely one of those rare shows that balances humor and drama while all the while being crazy awesome. And after a certain recent episode, I will never think about the theme song from Cheers the same way again.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Yes, sorry- it's Ultimate Spider Man that sucks it- and the same guy behind that decided to can Avengers to "replace it with a more kid-friendly show".
Jesus, this guy thinks kids are fucking morons.

Well, I hope DC keeps turning out their direct to DVD movies at least- those have been pretty fantastic, with the Green Lantern [i]Emerald Knights" being my favorite. They really should have cast Nathan Fillion as Hal Jordan.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So in the past, um, month or so I've watched the entirety of the Clone Wars series (minus the movie).

What happened to Maul?
What happened to Ahsoka?
Where's Cad Bane and Hondo Ohnaka?

Ahsoka walking away from the Jedi Order: so many feels

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Well, Ashoka hooks up with Ventress and they "aquire" a freighter and start running refugees from the war and then the Empire to the outer rim, eventually helping a bunch of younglings with force abilities to escape the Empire's detection.
thus explaining why the emperor did not have a few hundred force useing agents at his command.

Sometime after RTOJ, ashoka and Ventress show back up and they and their mid-20-something year old apprentices smack Luke around and make him wait tables while they restore the Jedi order with abig dollop of common sense added in this time.

Cad Bane got too old for the bounty hunter bullshit lifestyle and opened seedy a bar catering to that profession. He gets a cut for brokering jobs.

Hondo also got old(er) but not too old for the pirate lifestyle- his men keep him around because he's been the boss forever and is like their father...and is probably the actual father to some of them.

Darth Maul's remains were found in a vat in the Emperor's mountain wharehouse (see Heir to the Empirenext to those from a legendary Zilobeast- and several preseved samples of horrible hybrids someone had grown combining DNA from the two.
Nearby was the preserved corpses of Master Sifi Dias and Darth Plageus The Dead.

Obi Wan's four-armed fry cook friend still drops ominous hints that the droids could replace organic sentients.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It makes you wonder if Ahsoka and Ventress survived the purge. I mean, Vader knew they were out there somewhere; maybe he convinced Palpy they were dead?

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I doubt he ever gave it much thought- he seems to have been on a very short leash overall.

And, I know it makes fuck all or sense but...why would Vader have such a had on for killing Jedi? He really went along with Sideous to save his wife- gooood job with that, Annie.

After blowing it so badly, the only real reason to go after them would be from shame- that killing them might close that chapter on his life forever- allowing him to really focus on being Sideous' lickspittle.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Like Obi Wan in ESB, the Clone Wars series may be dead, but it's still walking and talking!
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2013/04/30/star-wars-the-clone-wars-animation/2122763/

Looks like we'll get the entire sixth season eventually- which is fantastic!

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

YAY

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure where you're seeing "the entire sixth season". The article says "a few story arcs" are being completed, which is basically what we've known for weeks.
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps