Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Star Wars - Clone Wars Thoughts, Observations and pretty pics (semispoilers) (Page 6)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Star Wars - Clone Wars Thoughts, Observations and pretty pics (semispoilers)
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really dig Yoda's almost-TIE fighter; can't seem to find any pictures online yet.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sup guys, - aint dead, only faking it until the angry bears got tired and wandered off.

quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
I'm nine episodes in. I wonder how much control they had over which episodes got finished, because, if they were given thirteen episodes to wrap up the series and chose to waste two of them on a Binks story, that would be pretty disappointing.

I dont think those were wasted- they got rid of a major baddie that wold have otherwise had been a huge loose end.

I wonder what happened to the duck-like, force-sensitive species that Jar Jar's love was the queen of?
I cant imagine Sideous would have let them alone.

I have to say, I was shocked and delighted to see that the Jedi damn near put it all together- but their own care for the wellfare of the clone army was their downfall.
Irony as sharp as a lightsaber.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Sup guys, - aint dead, only faking it until the angry bears got tired and wandered off.

quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
I'm nine episodes in. I wonder how much control they had over which episodes got finished, because, if they were given thirteen episodes to wrap up the series and chose to waste two of them on a Binks story, that would be pretty disappointing.

I dont think those were wasted- they got rid of a major baddie that wold have otherwise had been a huge loose end.

I wonder what happened to the duck-like, force-sensitive species that Jar Jar's love was the queen of?
I cant imagine Sideous would have let them alone.

I have to say, I was shocked and delighted to see that the Jedi damn near put it all together- but their own care for the wellfare of the clone army was their downfall.
Irony as sharp as a lightsaber.

Also, the extended Rebels trailer is online now- the animation looks MUCH lower grade than Clone Wars had at the end.
Which sucks- the Star Destroyer in particular was pretty sad.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the proportions are off, the Star Destroyer bridge tower is to high and the main hull is too flat, like something drawn for the Star Trek Fact Files. The TIES are squat and the R5 unit is super-deformed.
Capt. Kaiser
Member # 10511

- posted      Profile for Capt. Kaiser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked Star Wars Clone Wars it just kinda sucked knowing Anakin would betray the Jedi in the end as seen in Star Wars Episode III

--------------------
If your not laughing your not living

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found that the Clone Wars series did a better job showing his turning away from the Jedi than what the movies did. All his conversations with Tarkin, the whole incident on Mortis (even though his memory was wiped), Ahsoka's expulsion from the order, etc. I believe that even without Palpatine pushing him straight to the dark side he would've at least left the Jedi Order on his own.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed. As I noted elsewhere in 2010, "The only thing that is both good and odd is that Anakin is completely unlike his post-TPM characterization in the live-action films. There he whined about Obi-Wan, whined about the Council, acted like a stupid kid around Palpatine, and only seemed to have any nobility whatsoever while in battle. Here, however, he is precisely the Anakin we would've expected him to be initially . . . powerful, good-natured, occasionally overbold, and though he might sometimes forget himself he's generally mindful of Obi-Wan's teachings.

Basically, it's a vast improvement, but when I watched RotS recently after having been watching TCW exclusively, it was very jarring.

It is possible at some point that they will start to move Anakin's character toward darker whinier things, though, as such character changes are already occurring. Admiral Yularen, for instance, was first shown as a very good man in service of the Republic (a sort of mix of PIcard and RDM's Adama), but has since been shown as becoming impatient with Jedi leadership and techniques, and stuffy and by-the-book official in other ways.

In short, it's a pretty good show."

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And to extend that, it wierded me out recently watching AotC and recognizing that TCW starts only a handful of months later. It really doesn't make sense to have padawans handed out to Jedi grad students, but maybe we are to assume it was only her influence that kept him from whining, somehow.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

It could be that the start of the war (and the whole situation being wholly new to the Jedi) meant that more advanced padawans had to finish their training with Jedi field commanders.

It's also likely that, like all big wars, no one thought the war would go on for so long and so putting padawans in the field would give them the rare chance to see combat...but that was a mistake, obviously.

quote:
Originally posted by Fabrux:
I found that the Clone Wars series did a better job showing his turning away from the Jedi than what the movies did. All his conversations with Tarkin, the whole incident on Mortis (even though his memory was wiped), Ahsoka's expulsion from the order, etc. I believe that even without Palpatine pushing him straight to the dark side he would've at least left the Jedi Order on his own.

His memories of Mortis must have come back eventually- Yoda asks him about speaking to Qui Gon Jinn while there. (this is in season six so I'll try not to spoil anything for those that have not finished the series).

Personally, I skip the prequels altogether- I dont really think you need them at all to enjoy CW.
I wonder what a person would think if they never saw ROTS- just the first two and then the Clone Wars series.

quote:
Originally posted by Capt. Kaiser:
I liked Star Wars Clone Wars it just kinda sucked knowing Anakin would betray the Jedi in the end as seen in Star Wars Episode III

Yeah, but the CW really did a great job of pushing Anakin to the edge a little at a time- a force choke here, a mental push there, the occasional angry charge into combat...
By the time he's investigating Ashoka's supposed crimes, he's boiling mad.

I was pretty (happily) suprised she survived that storyline, to be honest!

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

I think it was only the memories of the future implanted by the Son that were erased, so his speaking to Qui-Gon (if it was Qui-Gon) was still okay.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

That makes sense.
The whole thing must have been a trippy experience for all three heroes- and it made me realize that Anakin looked back on Qui Gon as a sorta (short lived) father figure, while Obi Wan is like his older brother and Ashoka a daughter.

Between Ashoka leaving, his visions of his wife's death and misconception that Obi wan somehow betrayed him, it goes a long way to his having a psychotic break and becoming Vader.

I just wish they had Palpaltine trick Anakin into thinking Padme was cheating on him with Obi Wan- it would have made Anakin's sudden turning make a LOT more sense -and would have made for a sorta distopian Camelot story where Anakin is a failed Arthur and Luke a noble version of Mordred.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jason:
quote:
Also, the extended Rebels trailer is online now- the animation looks MUCH lower grade than Clone Wars had at the end.
Which sucks- the Star Destroyer in particular was pretty sad.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who picked up on this. I have such mixed feelings about the "Rebels" teaser, trailer, and snippet. Thinking of starting a separate thread about it.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

So, over st Starwars.com, they have released a few unfinished CWw episodes from season 6- the acting. story and mustic are all there, but the renders are not complete- it looks weird but the stories are really good- and they get into how angry and hurt Anakin is over Ashoka's leaving the Jedi order!
And then he does some (for my money) rather Darkside shit with his lightsaber when him and Obi Wan get briefly captured....

Go watch and tell us your thoughts!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Oh- and there was also a 4 part story where Quinlan Vos (coolest Jedi ever) would redeem Ventress! Pretty apt, if you know Voss' backstory from the comics!
That story arc is getting made into a novel for next year- but the concept art for updated Voss and Ventress looks is up.

Ventress with hair takes some getting used to, but I like the look.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

The story reel arc was very good, though it's remarkable that they've once again gone to a world from the films. With a million systems in the later Empire, you'd think there would be a few other places to go.

Still, though, the Death Star setup really makes you miss TCW.

--------------------

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps