Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Projected Profit

Author Topic: Projected Profit
Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just read that Fox is projecting an Opening Day take of 42 to 45 million dollars, the largest first day box office in the recorded history of the entire Universe ever.
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Initial reports have The Phantom Menace taking about 3 times the take of Titanic. Unfortunately, since the reviews are now out, it is highly unlikely that this would be the outcome. In fact, many are speculating that Phantom Menace won't even match up to Titanic's take.

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Titanic largely benefitted from repeat viewings. . . will TPM exert the same pull?
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know I'll be seeing it again, if only to catch some of the details I missed on the first viewing.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"If it's not fun, it's not Macintosh." - Adam Engst

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd rather Star Wars was at the top than Titanic.
At least SW doesn't cash in on the deaths of hundreds like Cameron did.

------------------
"Now then, I believe Random Pavarotti disease is a psychological ailment and we should find it in the otherworldliness of Vince's brain."
"Ohw, rubbish. I reckon Random Pavarotti disease is a physical condition......
Let's go and look at 'is bum!"

-Rex the Runt

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No difference for us, Monty. Remember:

Titanic: sunk deliberately ny the Nrits to kill lots of nice Irish people - or so Cameron intimated.

Star Wars: Nice cute cuddly Republic overthrown by evil Empire with British accents.

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TV Guide insider, which I;m getting by e-mail for some unknown reason, is reporting that TPM made 7.7 million in the first six hours, and 45 million on the first day.

I saw the origanal "Titanic" on AMC a week or two ago. The scenes that showed the persers hold the lower class people below decks were in it, just like the new "Titanic". I think the film is called "A Night to Remember" or something like that.

------------------
PARTURITION

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
US$28 million is the final opening-day figure I've heard from various sources.

------------------
Garak: "I believe in coincidences. Coincidences happen every day. But I don't trust coincidences." (DS9: "Cardassians")

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Entertainment Tonight gives a US$41.7 million two-day earning yield.

------------------
Garak: "I believe in coincidences. Coincidences happen every day. But I don't trust coincidences." (DS9: "Cardassians")

Simon
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which is 7% of Titanic's total.

For the most part the old Titanic movie is very different, and in my opinion better. Rather than concentrating on special effects or cliche filled romances it was about how people react and are affected by such a disaster.

IP: Logged
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With a hugely over-grossed budget.

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and a hugely annoying and overplayed song... The Star Wars theme rocks!

------------------
"We are all a product of the environment we live in.... the rest, good or bad, may be free will." Charles C. Bohnam

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.