Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Black Sun frigate

Author Topic: Black Sun frigate
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got to building over the holiday and this just sorta happened- so I made up a Black Sun decal and decided to paint her up in colors that reflect the outfits the Black Sun Vigos wore in their Clone Wars appearance- with green aurbesh writing for their skin color.
I figure that if anyone would have a SW shp with no replacment panels and a sporty paint job, it's the leadership of Black Sun.

This started life as an old Starblazers kit, but I swapped everything except the basic hull shape with stuff from my Bottomless Parts Bin- those engines are from an old Gundam toy that I bought just for those parts- totally worth it too.
The overall length of this model is about 4.5".

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

The windows are all decals I made up for the Tartan build I'm working on, but had extras of.
The vacant spot next to the bridge will eventually sport a dark grey Z-95 in honor of my pal Dupes' great fighter build- she'll be a parasite fighter!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What scale is this one? Another great paint job! Love the crisp panel lines.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks- it's 2256th scale. I'm keeping with that scale on capital type ships so I can display several together with the Venator refit I'm slowly working on (think of an uprated Venator with a Star Destroyer bridge).

The fighters in this scale are extremely tiny- mostly a quarter of an inch long or less!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ye gads that's small!

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Heck yeah- but they really make the capital ships look great when displayed with a squad of fighters and some freighters.
I'll take some better pics of the fighters when I photograph my Tartan class- which I just finished today!

-
 -
 -
 -
Lookie- a Skipray Blastboat!
 -

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Notorious drug smugglers in 1/2256th- this is about half an inch long.

-

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Trimm
Member # 865

- posted      Profile for Trimm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do yo paint that with, a toothpick?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

The Falcon was cheating- the model is covered with a decal I made of the top view of the 4' studio model- only the base coat and engine glow is paint there.

The other stuff is a combonation of paint and decal- the fighters are paint and very fine marker and a bit of pencil for panel details.

Capt. Kaiser
Member # 10511

- posted      Profile for Capt. Kaiser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome ship [Smile]

--------------------
If your not laughing your not living

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.