Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Star Wars: The Last Jedi Teaser Trailer (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Star Wars: The Last Jedi Teaser Trailer
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to see him completely unable to rule because he's an immature baby with godlike powers and zero self control.

Also, because he's surrounded by utter fuckwits like Hux.

Really, I expect Hux will kill Kylo in the same way Thrawn was killed by the Nogri.
You can only kick a dog so long before you get bit.

Then there's the missing Knights of Ren....or we're those the Pretorian Guard?
Probably not but...there seems a resemblance in their outfits.

I'd also like some insight into Snoke- maybe with Kylo Ren looking for whatever made him so casually powerful.
(Moron though he was)

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
They don't buy ships- they have a huge industrial capacity.
They buy ship designs.

That's not the impression I got. The entire context of the gambling planet and the codebreaker's revelation was that both the FO and the Resistance were actively buying ships and weapons. Not the designs for them. When you want to buy a gun from a gun seller, that gun seller isn't selling you blueprints on how to build the gun. He's selling you the gun. Because if he sold you the blueprints, then he'd be out of a job because you now know how to build the gun yourself and don't need him anymore.

[ January 01, 2018, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: Dukhat ]

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Possibly for the Resistance, you're right- but the Essential Cutaways book shows the Supremacy to be a giant mobile factory- even manufacturing Star Destroyers!
I can't imagine why they'd outsource fighter manufacturing with that kind of capability.

But it DOES make perfect sense for the Resistance to buy what they need.
Maybe even for the New Republic to do so- to keep powerful commerce concerns from defecting completely to the FO side.

Really though,it seemed to me that the wealthy were playing with sides against each other to cash in.

Somewhere, Eisenhower approves of that message.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps