Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Empire Strikes Back-SE

Author Topic: Empire Strikes Back-SE
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right, this has been bugging me for months, so I'm finally gonna post it.

IS that James Earl Jones saying 'Alert my Star Destroyer to Prepare for my arrival'? Some people say it is, others laugh in my face.

Where did all that extra footage of Vader getting out of his Shuttle come from? It can't be unused footage, because the Imperial Shuttle wasn't designed until Jedi. I can understand the shots of it flying towards the SSD might be new CGi shots, but Vadar walking out? They didn't build an entire set, a shuttle model, and get someone in Vadar's costume just for that bit.
And is that Moff JerJerrod that greats Vadar? It looks a bit like him. But I can't think of anywhere this shot can fit into Jedi, unless Vadar regularly went out on shuttle-jaunts.

------------------
'His limbs flail about as if independent from his body!'
-Chandler Bing on Michael Flatley.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll have to check again at some point, but the shuttle flying to the Executor is new footage, as is the scene with Vader saying "Alert..." etc. That was some other actor in the Vader suit, also. And that was not James Earl Jones. I'd even say that's not even Darth Vader, who would never call his ship a star destroyer.

I don't know about the scene of him leaving the shuttle. I thought it was taken directly from RotJ.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"CORUSCANT...DOES NOT COMPUTE...I mean, uh, you're under arrest." - Anonymous battle droid

Trinculo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bespin hallway (interior)
Footage from the first edition of ESB. Voice dub-over.

Bespin bridge (exterior)
New

Shuttle to SSD
New

Shuttle landing on SSD
Footage from ROTJ

Source: Star Wars Communicator

IP: Logged
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The hallway scene wasn't new? I thought there was one scene somewhere with new footage...

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"CORUSCANT...DOES NOT COMPUTE...I mean, uh, you're under arrest." - Anonymous battle droid

Trinculo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The new scene is of Darth Vader walking to the shuttle on the bridge between hallway and landing pad. Everything else is either CGI or reused footage.
IP: Logged
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He originally said 'bring my shuttle' and it was changed to 'alert my Star Destroyer to prepare for my arrival' And is is a SD in the generic sense.
But was it James Earl Joe speakin? No-one else was credited I don't think.

That footage wasn't IN ROTJ though. When Vadar arrives on the DS, there are a large number of Stormtroopers around waiting to great him. There's only a handful in ESB.

So, who is that in the Vadar suit then?

------------------

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Methinks NOT David Prowse. . . 8)

------------------
"I also received an interesting, if some-what perplexing, note from a 13-year-old lad who asked if I "had a clue." I fear I cannot adequately answer, as I am not aware of any immediate clues at hand; but that is not to say there are none present." - T. Herman Zweibel

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

What? You don't think that George was offended by those comments Prowse made? I couldn't imagine why...

------------------

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I heard from multiple sources the voice was not JOJ's and I must agree, he sounds really weird. The Vader-walking-down-the-ramp-in-the-hangar part was, I believe, mirrored (cheaaap!) footage from ROTJ

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps