Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » That silver 'SR-71 Blackbird' look-alike...

Author Topic: That silver 'SR-71 Blackbird' look-alike...
Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to know everything there is about that ship:
- Who is the owner?
- How long is it?
- etc..

I'd also like to see pictures of it.

For those of you who don't know which ship I mean:
It's the ship on the left of the new poster. (opens in new window)

[This message was edited by Altair on March 16, 1999.]

Sirmaniac
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From what I hear evidence-wise, the ship belongs to Qui-Gon Jinn (Liam Neeson's Jedi Master character). According to what I hear, he puts the ship up as a bet so Anakin can win his freedom.
IP: Logged
Sirmaniac
Ex-Member

Of course, now that I've gone and posted this, I have another theory. Look at Trailer B, specifically the scene with Obi-Wan, Queen Amidala, a hologram (Sio Bibble?), a person seated next to Obi-Wan (Captain Panaka?), and a third person, an extra of little importance until Fandom gives this person a name, a history, a fan base, and Force sensitivity.

The holgram says, "You must contact me." Note the fact that this ship has a throne, and the ceiling matches the curves on the outside of the ship you are asking about. So, it could be that this ship is the royal spacecraft. Qui-Gon may be putting the queen's personal ship up to back Anakin's ability to win the podrace.

I think this is more likely than it being Qui-Gon's ship. Sorry I didn't realize this sooner.

LB4747
Ex-Member

Yeah, it's the Queen's ship. Here's a little more info on the ship, courtesy www.TheForce.net :

quote:
NABOO QUEEN'S ROYAL STARSHIP

Chrome finish is purely decorative - the finish is called ROYAL CHROMIUM. The finish is hand crafted, not by machine or droid. Only The Queens ship is allowed to be entirely chrome. Royal fighters etc have some chrome. Private vessels are not allowed to have chrome parts.

The ship itself is also hand crafted by the Theed Palace Space Vessel Engineering Corps. The ships is an Embodiment of the Spirit of the Naboo people. There love of beauty and art etc. Even the wiring is perfectly placed and run in parrellel conduits etc. The whole ship is a work of art.

The ship contains 8 Astro ultility droids (presumably R2 units), for maintenance and repair. They are stored in the Droid hold of the ship which is under the cockpit. 2 human crew to pilot up to 6 aditional people can reside on board. It has no weapons. Purely a diplomatic ship. Has a class 1.8 Hyperdrive. Custom designed for the craft. Described as impressive. So presumably 1.8 is good. Naboo have a no weapons if possible peace philosophy similar to Alderaan...

Hope that helps.

------------------
Lawrence Boucher
"The first step to a successful revolution is destroying all competing revolutionaries."

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1.8 is common.
Class 2 is slower than Class 1 which is slower still to the Falcon's .5 rating.

------------------
I'm the only one who understands me, and I ire of my company.
--Paul Cargile

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps