my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Padm�/Queen Amidala

Author Topic: Padm�/Queen Amidala
Dani
Naboo Handmaiden
Ex-Part-Time Admin
Member # 57

- posted      Profile for Dani     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who's who?

1. When "Padm�" was cleaning R2D2, do you think that was The Queen, or her assistant?

2. When "the Queen" told Anakin that she had sent "Padm�" for something, when he came to say goodbye to her, was that actually the Queen or her double?

-----

I have another question too, just to clarify something: Why did the trade federation choose Naboo for it's attacks? What strategical influence did Naboo hold in the grand scheme of things? I think I must have missed something on both viewings that must have explained this...

------------------

WAIT......

Keyboard error
Press <�F1 > to RESUME_

http://sapphire.solareclipse.net

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. That was the Queen. There's no actual handmaiden named Padm�.

2. This was also the Queen. You'll notice that three handmaidens got out at Coruscant, and there were three in the room there, and none of them was Padm�.

3. The general idea is that Sidious put the Trade Federation up to it.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"If you feel that there is some intelligent reason why the immortality and happiness of 600 people should outweigh doubled life-spans and freedom from disease for billions, feel free to let me know. Surely, if they were one-tenth as moral and caring as they claimed to be, they would have shared their incredible discovery." - Mike Wong

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why Naboo? It was probably just as good as any other target.

The Trade Federation might have had dozens, perhaps hundreds of systems to choose from, any one of which might have made a good "example" to all the others.

Why Naboo? Maybe just plain simple random bad luck.(for the TF, as it turns out)

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a book out there called Amidala's Journal or something. It tells the story from her point of view so that you know every scene when she's Padme or Amidala.

------------------
"I would be delighted to offer any advice I can on understanding women. When I have some, I'll let you know."
--Picard to Data, "In Theory"

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay... Then who's the person who looks exactly like her that we saw when they went to see Boss Nass and when they captured the Viceroy?

------------------
Darlene: I read a lot of science fiction.
Herbert: Bless you, my child.
Kay: The world needs more people like you.

-Deep Space Nine, "Far Beyond the Stars."

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I may be reading more into this then there is, but:

Palpitine choose his own home world:
1. If they won, he was in control of the planet and could plead it's case to the Senate and profit from the occupation at the same time, perhaps getting someone else to call for a vote of no confidence, and be nominated for leader of the Senate.

2. If the plan failed, he was still in position to do the same thing. He got lucky in that the Queen escaped, and was there to call for the vote herself. Even though he lost the battle on the planet, and his aprentice, he still got the nomination. That was what he needed the most. Part of the grande plan to take over the galaxy.

------------------
WHO ARE YOU?

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Krenim: Since I read in the Amidala Journal that she chose a handmaiden named Sab� to impersonate her, I would assume that it was Sab� in both those scenes. All the handmaidens look like the queen for security purposes, and with all that makeup on you can't tell at all.

Sometimes I think Lucas left all that out of the movie intentionally to make you buy the books.

------------------
"I would be delighted to offer any advice I can on understanding women. When I have some, I'll let you know."
--Picard to Data, "In Theory"

Dani
Naboo Handmaiden
Ex-Part-Time Admin
Member # 57

- posted      Profile for Dani     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay...

So Padm� = Amidala, then there's Sab�, Eirta�, and Rab�?

Kosh, I like you explanation, it works for me.

------------------

WAIT......

Keyboard error
Press <�F1 > to RESUME_

http://sapphire.solareclipse.net

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure about either. But I may be able to find out.

------------------
I'll get you for this Gadget!!!! MEEEEE-ROWWRRRR.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps