Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Who really causes the fall of the Jedi???

Author Topic: Who really causes the fall of the Jedi???
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to a friend of mine, Jar Jar Binks becomes a Jedi in the second ep.

Everyone, run for your lives...........

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, that proves it: the Jedi will take *anybody*

wondering: over the years of paperback series we've seen characters who could sense the Force in other people, but in SW:TPM both Yoda and Mace Windu are !!in the same room as Darth Sidious!! and they don't detect so much as a ripple?

Can Force-adepts "cloak" themselves from Force-sensitives?

HMS White Star
Member # 174

- posted      Profile for HMS White Star     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't Yoda say the dark side is difficult to see. Well of course a force sensitive person can cloak themselves, otherwise wouldn't it very likely that Obi-wan would have been found by the people hunting the Jedi (of course there is the possiblity that the Jedi Hunters were instructed not to find Obi-Wan, which wouldn't make sense unless Vader ordered it). Of course having a dark on being able to hide in the Shadows kind of makes sense.

------------------
HMS White Star (your local friendly agent of Chaos:-) )

HMS White Star
Member # 174

- posted      Profile for HMS White Star     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait if Jar-Jar becomes a Jedi, then we get to see Jar-Jar die, hey I can live with that .

------------------
HMS White Star (your local friendly agent of Chaos:-) )

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd be really surprised if Jar Jar becomes a Jedi, although it could be an interesting story if he becomes more "serious."

Xentrick: The novels are non-canon anyway.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"I received an emotional letter of complaint after a strip in which Dilbert used the expression 'jeepers cripes.' The writer chastised me for using the Lord's name in vain. I can only pray that the almightly Gosh will not darn me to heck for offending his son, Jeepers." - Scott Adams

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Jar Jar must have Force potential since nothing really happens "by accident" in Star Wars's Universe, and Jar Jar is quite "lucky," so...

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still waiting for the lousy movie to premier the 18/8 in here in Sweden. I have heard rumors of it being of poor quality. And I'll tell'ya, It wasn't funny to see the shareware of the COMPUTER-GAME T.P.M being released before we could even get the trailers on our cinemas.
But me is rejoicing anyway, 'cause It'll be the foist Star Wars movie I see on da silver screen.

------------------
Hickory Is Nice!!!
(Jem 'Hadar Wash-out)

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WRONG!

Mr. Frank G... All official Star Wars novels are considered CANON. Each book is PERSONALLY read by George Lucas before publication, and he has to PERSONALLY approve of it. He has said so himself that the books are canon, and can be used as references as well.

------------------
Signature
Note: The Signature feature is currently enabled by this bulletin board's administrator. You may use UBB Code in this field, but not HTML. The UBB Code Image tag is not permitted, however.

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WRONG!

Mr. Frank G... All official Star Wars novels are considered CANON. Each book is PERSONALLY read by George Lucas before publication, and he has to PERSONALLY approve of it. He has said so himself that the books are canon, and can be used as references as well.

------------------
Signature
Note: The Signature feature is currently enabled by this bulletin board's administrator. You may use UBB Code in this field, but not HTML. The UBB Code Image tag is not permitted, however.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is one of the funniest strings of incorrect statements I've ever read. Read this page.

------------------
The Molybdenum Home Page

Jedi Weyoun
Member # 110

- posted      Profile for Jedi Weyoun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frank has a point. Even the fact that a novel may have the copyright Lucasfilm Ltd on the cover doesn't mean its perfect. I've gotten the impression that Lucas just kind of scans the books, checking the general plot, if he really *does* look at them. one example is that in the scripts, Lucas uses the REAL spelling, of "lightsabre"....every book i've read, it's "lightsaber". nitpicking, i know, but it's a point. Also, in the novel i'm reading right now, "I, Jedi", at one point something is said that "Jedi Masters fade away when they die". Okay--we see that with Yoda and Obi-Wan in the original trilogy, but in TPM Qui-Gon didn't disappear. In ROTJ, Vader/Anakin didn't disappear (although granted, he wasn't a Jedi, he was a Dark Lord...semantics again) So what gives here? Not ALL of them DO fade away. and this book was a new release. I would think that Lucas would have caught that if he had meticulously read the novel, unless he just reads a rough outline, skims it or allocates the job to someone on his staff, who may or may not know what is going on.

...and yes, this novel has the Lucasfilm name and copyright on the back

------------------
"Fear attracts the fearful"
([[[[[[*]}�������������������������

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

well, I got 'canon' mixed up with 'official'...one word can mean a lot...but as I like to say, I'm never wrong...I may not be right all the time, but I am never wrong...heheheh

------------------
Signature

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps