Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » I'm curious... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I'm curious...
Jedi Weyoun
Member # 110

- posted      Profile for Jedi Weyoun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again--there is no middle man. We are not following EXACTLY, to the letter the "Lucasian" religion. If it MUST be called a religion, then all that we have done is combined different principles from all different types of religions, and a smidgeon of star wars. we are not exclusively one thing or another, so there is no way to cut something out of it. what we practice is NOT star wars, it is NOT zen, it is NOT Budhism, etc, etc. it is a combination of the basic principles of life...reinforced with teachings from different philosophies, which from time to time does include star wars. more often than not, though, we use chinese and japanese stories, zen meditations, things of that ilk.

i'm not sure if i can help you guys understand this, but i wanted to try. that's why i started this thread to begin with.

------------------
"Fear attracts the fearful"
([[[[[[*]}�������������������������

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, if I came off as snippy JW. It was actually my biology teacher who said that we use all of our brains, and laughed when I said that I'd heard we only use 10%. he then pointed out that if we took out 90% of our brains, we'd be gibbering vegetables, or, more likely, dead. And then everyone pointed at my and laughed. The scars are still there to this day.

IIRC, the number of things we can do at any one time is 7. Simple things that is. (I think it's based on the average number of figures that someone can recall instantly in various fun tests ). It's less if they are complex things.

------------------
"Ray...the next time someone asks you if you're a god you say 'Yes!'"
-Winston Zeddmore

Jedi Weyoun
Member # 110

- posted      Profile for Jedi Weyoun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, I see. I think we *were* just thinking in different terms then. i know we couldn't get by on 1/10 of our brain....i think that 10% must just refer to how much we can process at one time

------------------
"Fear attracts the fearful"
([[[[[[*]}�������������������������

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a tricky concept. Most of the brain will still be working subconsciously. It could be how much of the brain we can consciously control at any time. The brain is a pretty complex beast.

------------------
"Ray...the next time someone asks you if you're a god you say 'Yes!'"
-Winston Zeddmore

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps