Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » USS Trinculo (Galaxy-class) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: USS Trinculo (Galaxy-class)
Face
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see this ship mentioned many times, but where did this name come from, and is there any pictures of the USS Trinculo

------------------

IP: Logged
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One thing is this:
Trinculo is an entertainer without an audience--needy, pathetic,desperate to find favor. So who would a 19th century jester be? Going with the theory that no matter how exotic Shakespeare's clowns, they are really all English, maybe he's a Chaplinesque music-hall entertainer. Good contrast, yet a little out of time, as clowns should be.

Another is this, which I couldn't connect to:
This has several things listed at Yahoo....

------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trinculo is a character from a Shakespearean play..."King Lear" or "Hamlet," I believe.

------------------
"Omigod. Singing meat. This is altogether too much."

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not 'Hamlet'. It might be 'King Lear', but wasn't there a clown or somesuch starting with 'Tri' in 'Titus Andronicus'?

------------------
"Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who have had years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make some of the worst movies in the history of the world." - Dave Barry

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Tempest, per chance?

------------------

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it one of the new 'galaxies', like in the war?

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely not King Lear.

Try the IMDB .

------------------
Go Mad.
Go Evil.
Just GO.

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trinculo was a jester in SHakespeare's THE TEMPEST.

------------------
"Life sucks, then you die"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*jaw drops* I can't believe I didn't notice that name when I read The Tempest...

------------------
"Yahweh likes to meddle in the affairs of us, as it makes him feel powerful, and he forgets the many years of torment he endured at Supreme Being Secondary School. Many a day would 'Thor - God of Thunder' & 'Mars - God of War' steal Yahweh's lunch money and hang him up by his breeches, all the while belittling Yahweh by insulting his very odd, and non-imposing God name, usually by adding a valley girl accent, and having it come out as 'yeah! way!'."
-Ultra Magnus, 15-Dec-2000

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Going by its registry NCC-71867, it seems to be a member of the original batch of 6. It may also be the 7th ship where the spaceframe had been built along with the first 6, but then stored for later construction.

------------------
[Bart's looking for his dog.]
Groundskeeper Willy: Yeah, I bought your mutt - and I 'ate 'im! [Bart gasps.] I 'ate 'is little face, I 'ate 'is guts, and I 'ate the way 'e's always barkin'! So I gave 'im to the church.
Bart: Ohhh, I see... you HATE him, so you gave him to the church.
Groundskeeper Willy: Aye. I also 'ate the mess he left on me rug. [Bart stares.] Ya heard me!

Face
Ex-Member

Was there a model of this ship, or was the name seen a the ship itself, if not, where did the name come from?
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a model labeled with this name on some exhibitions.

------------------
"Second star to the right, and then straight on till morning."

Face
Ex-Member

Do you know if there any pictures of this ship out there?
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a few on my old computer...but I'm too lazy to move them and I don't know how to post them on the boards. The pics were from the Planet Hollywood in Beverly Hills, Ca.

------------------
"Oh for fuck's sake, stop your moaning,
If you fancy a threesome at this time of night, you can't get start getting choosey about which particular three!
-Queer As Folk, UK

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) You have to upload the file. You can use this site for that: http://flareupload.hypermart.net/psupload.htm

2a) Then copy the link and paste it into the forum.

2b) Or copy the link and then use the IMG-code here: [IMG] Link [/IMG]

------------------
"Second star to the right, and then straight on till morning."

[This message has been edited by Fitz (edited December 26, 2000).]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps