Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » God Damnit!

Author Topic: God Damnit!
Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is it...I am so sick of this!

I just found out that a good friend of mine died this morning (Friday, to be correct)...

I'm sick of it! I am losing all those close to me...great-grandparents, friends (through death or just drifting apart)...

*sigh*

I'm really pissed.

------------------
"You were right about the negotiations...they were short."
Obi-Wan Kenobi to QuiGon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

*VERY sorry to hear that*

My deepest sympathy. How old was he/she?
If I were religious I'd pray...

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Deaths of close friends.
One of the hardest things to reconcile with the concept of a benevolent Deity.
If you succeed in this, tell me how.

------------------
"When we turn our back on our principles, we stop being human." -- Janeway, "Equinox"

Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was 16.. ..

------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First: Not really the time for this sort of thing is it?

Sunspot: My condonlences (for whatever they are worth) What did he die of?

Still, you should be happy that you had the chance ot know your great-grandparents at least. I'm sure many people (me included) never met them...
And the death of elderly relatives, although tragic, is to be excepted. It's when someone dies who is still young, that is a true tradegy.

------------------
"In my defence that bush is actually quite big"
-M the F

[This message was edited by PsyLiam on June 19, 1999.]

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Jaresh Inyo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fuck, that's my age...Sunspot, I'm really sorry to hear that. This is a massive downer.

------------------
Josh: I think they're getting to know each other a bit too well, if you catch my drift.
Me: Oh, I agree. I think they're spending too much time together, that is of course, if you catch my drift.
Asher: I think he's *ucking her, and he's cheating on his wife, and he's risking his marriage, and if his wife finds out about it she'll leave him and take their son, and his life will be ruined. If you catch my drift...

IP: Logged
Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

He lost control of his car and ran off the road...he was alive when they found him but was in a coma and he died the next morning

------------------

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll keep you in my prayers.
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liam: Surprisingly, I was being serious.

I lost my first best friend (and a bit more) when I was sixteen and she'd just turned seventeen. Similar circumstances too.. except that I was THERE.

It's not something I would wish on anybody. Ever.
It's been eleven years and I still have problems dealing with it sometimes.

*Sigh*

------------------
"When we turn our back on our principles, we stop being human." -- Janeway, "Equinox"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First: I know, and I didn't mean to upset you. I just thought that a comment like that might start another religious argument, and that now wasn't an especially appropriate time for that sort of thing.

------------------
"In my defence that bush is actually quite big"
-M the F

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sunspot: I have had to deal with grief a few times in my life.

It's never a cakewalk. Anyone who says it is it lying or deluded.

When I was 13, my sister died in what might have been an accident, or may have been a suicide. I never learned many of the details.

My biggest mistake was staying in denial for so many years. I never voluntarily spoke to anyone about it until I was eighteen.

It's as if I didn't talk about it, I was preserving the chance that one day I would wake up and discover it was only a bad dream.

It didn't work out that way. Instead, I became very sensitive to criticism and was easily provoked to tears, not a characteristic every high-school male wants to cultivate. I was trying to grieve but wouldn't let myself.

The death of a friend hurts. Grieve. The only way to really stop the pain is to pour it out until you're empty.

--Baloo

------------------
"He's dead, Jim."
"You find his car keys, I'll get his wallet!"
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps