Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Trying to find the picture of the Akira cgi model from the TNG Movie Sketchbook...

Author Topic: Trying to find the picture of the Akira cgi model from the TNG Movie Sketchbook...
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And having no luck.

Everyone used to have it, but now they've replaced them all with the beauty shot from the Mag. Can someone post the one from the Sketchbook?

Thanks,
-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok i have like 700 akira images...and im too lazy to dig up the sketchbook. which one was this?
Woodside Kid
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for Woodside Kid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only CGI image of the Akira I could find in the book is a background shot on the "Pale Ale" joke ad on page 202. I wonder if you're thinking of the three-way picture on page 119? That's a painting by Alex Jaeger, not CGI.

--------------------
The difference between genius and idiocy? Genius has its limits.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm thinking of the one that goes with this one of the Saber,

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/scans/other/sabre-cgi.jpg

this one of the Steamrunner,

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/scans/other/steamrunner-cgi.jpg

and this one of the Norway.

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/scans/other/norway-cgi.jpg

And not this one from the Magazine/Fact Files.
http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/scans/akira-cgi.jpg

-MMoM [Big Grin]

[ April 27, 2003, 12:25 PM: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huh? I remember the first time we saw these images, about 4 years ago. . . and there were only three of them. I've never seen a corresponding image for the Akira. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Really?? I could have sworn... [Mad]

Oh well, guess this is *yet another* instance of my being a scatter-brained fool. Sorry about that. [Roll Eyes]

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the book has no such picture. As a result, I believe we should regard Mim as certifyable from now on. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Hehe...I always wanted to be certifiable... [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps