Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » AAAAAAAAAAAHHHH! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: AAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!
DEAvendetta
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The problem with Christmas, and the holidays as a whole is the fact they're so commercialized. When you work in a business that makes a load of money this time of year, you work your ass off! And many, including the people working in JeffK's mall will just be happy when the end of the rush happens.

------------------
This thing that we've made is fat and feeds on the hate of the millions that it's taught to sing its song...
DEAverification :P

IP: Logged
Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well BAH HUMBUG to the lot of ya.

Quatre.

------------------
"Omae o korusu..." - Heero Yuy

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hell, I wish I owned that mall!!!

You know, when I was a kid, all I associated with Christmas was getting TOYS! (And, admittedly, socks). I've been losing that over the past few years, and I really do get more joy giving people gifts. (I got a "metallic" mug from this really cute girl I work with today -- I give her an 8-ball which had been cut into a stick shift knob -- and you know what? I love it. Well, okay, I don't really need a mug - 'specially not a metallic one - but she went out with me in mind and got it for me, and hey, I love her for it )

Well, off to wrap some presents. Merry Christmas all.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.83 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier ... just as long as I'm the dictator." - George "Dubya" Bush, Dec 18, 2000

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited December 24, 2000).]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*kick*

Same season, same old shit all over again. Nuke the shopping malls, we'd all be better off.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't shopped in the malls at Christmastime for nearly four years now -- I do it all online. In some ways I wish I could have the nostalgic experience of browsing the stores, actually physically doing something rather than just puttering away at my computer.... but the hassle is just not worth it.

Merry Christmas, anyway. [Smile]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boxing day is perhaps the busiest retail day of the year. Sale, Sale, Sale. Lots of them. People love to line up since the early of the morning to get the best deals on anything. If you want shopping hell, try tomorrow here in Canada. Lineups, waits, cusses over parking spaces and chance, you want it, you get it.

Time to empty what's left of my Bank account.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*spent all day yesterday and today working* I have many thoughts on the "holiday shoppers" out there, but I refuse to voice them - pleh!

All I can say for sure is that I'm going to call in sick this weekend - there's no WAY I'll be around for the excitement of after christmas returns at the mall... not a chance in the world.

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
Scrooge, unless you meant to say your hero is Scourge, in which case I am scared.

The leader of the sweeps, or the renamed-for-the-US-version Black Convoy?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
*rolls eyes* What is it w/ people and Xmas? Hello! It's a holiday! You're supposed to be happy and relax and all that! Give up the whole "oh shit, I have to stress out because... because... well, no reason, but because that's what people do at Xmas!" thing!

Tim Nix: Giving sensible advice since, er, the 23rd December 2000, apparently. Why did I not notice this back then?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did I really post like that back then? Oh, the days of my youth...
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the adolescent you better.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Don't you mean, 'bitter?'

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

StarFire
Member # 748

- posted      Profile for StarFire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh...and you thought the rush BEFORE christmas was bad... Last night someone here spent 6 hours sorting returns into seperate departments and trying to get said departments to move their butts to the front of the store to pick their crap up. Wasn't pretty. Thank god she wasn't there at opening yestrday morning. She woulda probably killed a customer, or two.

--------------------
Are we having fun yet?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that a bad thing, then?
StarFire
Member # 748

- posted      Profile for StarFire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Killing customers?

Nah. Could do without a few of 'em.

--------------------
Are we having fun yet?

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps