Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I can vote!

Author Topic: I can vote!
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My voter registration certificate came in the mail today. It's official: I get to wake up early on November 5th and haul my ass over to the polling location to vote. I'm also pleasantly surprised that the location is the Methodist church that's just a couple blocks away from me (so I can walk there instead of fighting for a spot in the Lord's parking lot).

I'm so excited that I get to vote, but I'm also a little bit ashamed that it's taken me five years to actually register.

Also surprising is that it took two weeks for me to get my certificate after registering. Not bad considering the college has had my financial paperwork for five months and still hasn't finished processing it.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
5 years.... man, you missed some good voting....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'm also a little bit ashamed that it's taken me five years to actually register.
You are not alone.
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I'm so excited that I get to vote..."

Excitement level: very low.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the way Siggy has described his life, and his Sims Alter-Egos life, voting maybe very exciting....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And i don't even need to haul my butt over to the voting place. I'm on permanent absentee ballot placement status. Anyone in California can be asked to be placed on this status and they'll always send the stuff over to you so you can make up your mind and send the stuff back before the voting day. Of course, if California voters decide on the new touch-screen voting machines, the whole idea of absentee ballot may be dropped or at least heavily modified.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been registered to vote since I was a few months over 18. But that's only because I got my driver's license then, and they said they could register me at the same time really quickly. That was over three years ago and I haven't voted yet.
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can have sex, get married, join the armed forces and sell scrap metal (though not all at the same time). I can't vote. Wierd, eh?

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been registered to vote since a few months after I turned 18, when registration papers were conveniently provided during my move into college.

However, I then neglected to obtain an absentee ballot in time, and so I missed the Election of 2000. (I was at school five hours away -- no possibility of returning home.)

Not that my vote would have mattered, since I don't live in Florida...

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps