Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » 5 Years (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: 5 Years
deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still here, but no one knows me because I only post five times a year. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why was Simon lying on the floor?

And where was I? Such an austicious day, and I am curiously absent. Why did no-one notice? Where is my love?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I want to draw attention to this:

quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
No one EVER wants to kiss me. Oh well. As Selma (Or was that Patty?) said, some of us choose a life of celibacy, and others have celibacy thrust upon them.  -

Not the self-pity, for that is Simon's stock in trade. Nor the Simpsons reference (even though Simon usually quotes more obscure passages, and doesn't name where they are from).

No, I want to question that thing floating at the end of his post. Any explanation, Mr Sizer?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the occasion, then...

Playlist: Ricky Nelson - Poor little fool
Potent Potable: Kirschberry Fortified Wine (jus' a small snifter)
Clock: 23:59

I raise my glass to you, Flare, and the rest of you thingies, here's to another Five Fudged-up Years! *sblort*

-

*Flare national anthem playing*

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Simon 1999 is a little childbaby who likes to use smileys and is still angsty like he is now despite being littler and childbabier.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who's the Doctor Who extra in the pic?

Nice scarf, mary. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! Jay was killing threads even way back then.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those were dark times.
Manticore
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Manticore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As opposed to what else on this forum?

[Razz]

--------------------
Fell deeds await. Now for Wrath... Now for Ruin... and a Red Dawn...
-Theoden, TTT

Lord Vorkosigan does not always get what he wants!

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crap... I've been here since 1999. Hmm, its about the same time I broke up with my last boyfriend and I'm still single...

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*edit* NM, misread.

Pssst, for a good idea of who's still around, click the 'directory' link in the upper left...

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah - i'm here (i started the thread b'oh!) although I usually seem to be left off little 'lists' like the one above... [Frown] [Big Grin]

I guess I don't leave THAT much of an impression on you people! [Smile]

If it's 5 years since the start of this incarnation of Flare... how long has it been since the original message board. Was that the UP3 board or the Communications Relay?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The missing Flarites from that thread:

Baloo: last posted June 2003
Ryan McReynolds: last posted June 2003
RW: last posted September 2002
Orion Syndicate: last posted August 2002
Xentrick: last posted December 2000
Montgomery: last posted March 2000
The Excalibur: last posted June 1999

Baloo and RW both disappeared long before the dates listed here. They simply both resurfaced for short periods.

I have the sneaking suspicion that The Excalibur became someone else at some point. Is that true?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"If it's 5 years since the start of this incarnation of Flare... how long has it been since the original message board. Was that the UP3 board or the Communications Relay?"

UP. Not UP3. As realized in its name, UP3 is the third version. Thus, later than the original.

And it's been almost seven years since that started.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry - UP - used to typing UP3 for that non-existant page that was supposed to be created! [Smile]

7 years seems about right... I went online in 1997... posted at that Trekweb for a while before I found a nicer board... [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps