Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Whither Spike? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Whither Spike?
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone have any idea what's happened to Flare's own Pathetic Vampire? I noticed he hadn't been around much so went looking. Here's what I found:

• He hasn't posted since mid-September
  • He has changed his Display Name to Resigned Member
  • He has stripped all available info out of his Profile
  • His website, www.st-spike.de, appears to be defunct

He hasn't responded to an email I sent, but then I have several email addresses for him and can't remember which I used. I also haven't seen him on ICQ, but then I'm on the other side of the world and hardly use ICQ anymore.

People leave our little community all the time (except Tim). So if he's suddenly decided to get a life, good for him. But it's the deliberate manner in which he's tidied up before he left that concerns me. When I took a sabbatical, I just walked away and never logged on as The First One ever again. I'd just like to know everything's OK, is all.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope he's okay.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
His site is now at http://www.st-spike.org/

It was updated yesterday.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I was curious about that too. I was looking at his "most recent" posts, just the other day, and none indicated anything about leaving. Perhaps he's the sentimental type and doesn't do well when it comes to say his "goodbyes". [Razz]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AFAIK, he left over that IE thing a while back.
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what, are we saying Charles made him upset? So much, that he leaves us?

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You bastard!

--------------------

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, which reminds me, I can take it down now - the experiment was a resounding success...
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Experiment?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanted to see how low I could get the percentage of users with MSIE.. down to nearly 50%, from 80% the month before.
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I *still* don't have a choice when browsing from work. Not that I mind using IE, but...
Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What *are* the statistics? And how detailed are they, can they differentiate between say Mozilla and Firefox or versions of Mozilla?
Any Lynx users? [Wink]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And more to the point, did the non-IE numbers go up? In other words, did people switch, or did IE users just leave?
Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

50% IE6, 25% Mozilla and friends, 15% search bots, 5% IE5.x, 3% Opera, 2% other.

Two months ago, it was 60% IE6, 20% Mozilla, 9% search bots, 1% Opera, the rest other.

Four months ago, 75% IE6, 5% Mozilla....

This is just from the percentages. When I unglue myself from network election coverage, I'll write some utilities to crunch numbers.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

i feel dirty, and manipulated.

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps