Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Alien blood? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Alien blood?
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mysterious red cells might be aliens

As bizarre as it may seem, the sample jars brimming with cloudy, reddish rainwater in Godfrey Louis's laboratory in southern India may hold, well, aliens.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And so the invasion begins. How long before the red weed starts sprouting?
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Revelation 8:7-13
7 The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up. 8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;

Ya just never know.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just because it doesn't contain DNA - something that could have evolved on EARTH - doesn't mean it's not "alive" - it may have a completely different way of storing information that it replicates and transmits to it's next generation.

They didn't say WHAT these 'cells' were made of? Are they purely mineral or are they carbon based? Do they contain proteins?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They contain...um...red.

I dunno. Maybe it's midichlorians.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monkey Men.
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coincidence? I think not.

"In India, where religion dominates lives and where many of the country's 330 million gods take the shape of animals, birds and demons, the supernatural is often fused with reality, and reason often gets plowed under by superstition."

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As opposed to in Christian countries where one God takes on the shapes of burning bushes, cruicified carpenters and the occasional grilled cheese sandwich.

quote:
Revelation 8:7-13
7 The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up. 8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood; and Ann Coulter was hired to produce a new Star Trek series: and Madonna was proved to be a beef jerky golem...

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jason has the hots for Ann Coulter....ya just know it. Prolly dreams of a threesome with her & Hillary Clinton.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only if I catch some terminal sexually transmitted disease first.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....you know what Jason..I'm beginning to think you might not be a nice guy.... :-)

--------------------
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride"

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your getting closer to hitting the nail on the head now.

btw, congrats MaGiC

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why thank you - I take it you're referring to my donning of the shackels of Civil Partnership...AKA marriage?

--------------------
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride"

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, I occasionally read the blogs of fellow Flarites.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

Well did wonder how you knew...freaky. It catches me by surprise me when people come out with things about my personal life. I always forget about the online diary! It feels like you're just writing for yourself.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps