Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Fantasy Football (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Fantasy Football
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This one is for Andrew...Australia is through to the next round.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's see...the U.S. leaves 0-2-1 with a tie for leading scorer between one of their players and an Italian player. Yeah, this is why Americans prefer the NFL and NBA.

(why am I being handed this red card?)

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, in other words, they prefer to watch sports where they don't lose, and especially not to foreigners?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Declining American global capital aside, I'm not so sure that's the root cause here.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think some people may very well be confusing "cause" with "effect".
The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mute point - the Yanks are out of it! Which is a shame in a way (although I can't realy pinpoint why I should think this...). Ghanas penalty was iffy to say the least. That said, team USA were pretty much going home any way. Bad luck.

The Ausies are through to the next round though, so that should make some people happy. No thanks to that wanker ref Graham Poll. And he's the English representitive! What a dickhead!

How the FUCK did he manage to book Simunic THREE FUCKING TIMES!!!! THe prat is the biggest advocate of new technologies in the game, such as refs having two-way communications with the fourth official, so how in the name of all things (nearly wrote thongs in my haste) holy did he do it?

And the second handball by Tomas should have been his ticket to an early shower. And for that matter, some of the Ausie moves got off lightly I thought.

After the debacle of poor refereeing in 2002 even FIFA have getting on refs backs to do their job. Poll said before the Cup began this year "If you make a big mistake it will be your last game."

Well guess what pal, start packing your bags. Twat.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jay the Obscure:
This one is for Andrew...Australia is through to the next round.

YUP! I was up this morning! Woo! Sloppy umpiring though.
Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Umpiring?

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Refereeing then.
Lee
Member # 393

Yes. It's just not cricket, you know. Honestly, you convicts and your Ashes - remind me, who has them currently? 8)

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

For the first time in many, MANY years - you do. But of course you ALWAYS have them seeing as the old fogies at Lords won't let them go to Australia when WE won them. [Smile]

Oh I think AFL calls them umpires too! [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Heat so kicked the Mavericks' asses.
Did you see that shit?
I mean damn.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UP, CAMELODUNUM!!

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend in Vancouver won a small scholarship to art school recently. The task was to simply create an ad, for whatever product she wanted using Photoshop or Illustrator & incorporating a various list of items. This is what she came up with:

-

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Lee
Member # 393

You did that Asterix in Britain joke last time.

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps