Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Fantasy Football (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Fantasy Football
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did, yes. But, you know...4 years....

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The potential responses multiply before me, like those other Worfs in the shuttle in "Parallels."

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're going for the one I think you might be....well, I've gotten a shock about that myself lately.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not saying anything.

God, I'm pissed off. That was a FUCKING OUTRAGEOUS penalty decision this afternoon. That diving fucking wop bastard was celebrating even before he hit the ground! I'd no real love for the Sheilaroos, but the way I see it, if Italy can't beat them even with only ten men, they don't deserve to go through. The shoddy - hell, fixed! - refereeing continues. . .

I'm also annoyed because I drew Switzerland in the office sweepstake. Not that Team Neutral covered themselves with glory - Ukraine are Andrey Shevchenko and ten other men, and that's showed in every game they've played to date. Italy v Ukraine will be interesting - there's more diving in the Red Sea, but only just. . .

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Utter bullshit. That is all I have to say.

Utter fucking bullshit.

Lee
Member # 393

And yet - and yet, the Italians see nothing wrong with it, and continue to view it as a great victory! The same Italian friends with whom I watched the Ghana match, who literally sulked for DAYS because their team lost that one, resort to verbal abuse at any suggestion that it wasn't a penalty. Oh, well, brightsides - they can never again complain about the 1994 Final.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You... you... have Italian friends?? [Smile]

Anyway, it sucks and it's crap - but I'm not going to sulk for days I'm not THAT passionate about it. We whoop their asses in the Rugby anyway.

Just sucks it came down to the last ten seconds. It was fantastic we even GOT to the world cup and got as far as we did. We AREN'T a powerhouse soccer nation - and the fact that Italy - a powerhouse soccernation only JUST beat us says something about their own team.

Or we had a great team. (Oh and we didn't have Harry Kewell on for that match either - but one team can't rely on one player).

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bastard Italaians. They cheated to get that far and then cheated some more. That was never a penalty, not in a million years! The worst rthink is that we now have to rely on the bloody Ukranians to beat the greasy bastards.

Oh well, in other news, not that we expected any different, the Brazilians are through as well. I'm off to watch the rest of Spain/France. Come on you geriatric frogs!

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Lee
Member # 393

Amazingly, France won. Given their recent form I was thinking Spain was gonna tonk them. But France actually played proper football, whereas Spain's whole strategy was based around synchronised falling-over.

--------------------

Shik
Member # 343

A guy came into work today whose father is Spanish, mother is Italian, & he's Argentinian. No joy in THAT household.

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps