Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Who are the Old Ones of Flare? (Page 10)

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Who are the Old Ones of Flare?
The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I refuse to believe such wild speculation.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So Flare is like the Byzantine Empire; the last remnants of a once mighty empire(Behaviour Group).
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dan, CC is the server, the script, and all things in between, for there is no real life.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So he's like Skynet?

Cool.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More like The Matrix...
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To tell the truth, I thought we were still on Enterforum-H. And, apparently, I thought that back in August of 2002, also. And yet, a search reveals that, since May of 2001, we've been sailing aboard the good ship Enterforum-I. That must have been when the name changed from "SolarFlare" to just "Flare". Which meant a new class, and therefore a new ship. If there was an upgrade to the UBB version at some point, either I wasn't paying attention, or it didn't seem worthy of a new letter.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure I ever posted the history of the Enterforums (Enterfora?) here. Let's see what I can piece together from the sources I have available...

USS Enterforum : The original Utopia Planitia board. Launched sometime in the summer of 1997, I believe. I didn't start lurking until around November, I think. But the official birthday is in... what, June? July?

USS Enterforum-A : The style of the original board didn't have registration. You just typed your name in at the beginning of each post. So, anyone could use any name. Including someone else's. That got to be a problem, so things were switched over to the UBB format. If I remember correctly, that was in January 1998.

USS Enterforum-B : The Behaviour Group's hosting server got hacked (as CC mentioned earlier), and everything was thought lost. Chris Howell set up a temporary board that was similar in style to the original UP board.

USS Enterforum-C : Apparently, the BG's host was only kind of hacked, so things ended up mostly restored. The board went back to UBB again, but it was located elsewhere and called the Starfleet Communications Relay (SFCR).

USS Enterforum-D : A corrupted version of the UBB code got uploaded to the server, making the forums not work so much. CC set up a temporary replacement at solareclipse.net (the name of the board wasn't changed yet, though).

USS Enterforum-E : Due to a server upgrade that didn't happen in a timely fashion, an old-school UP-style board had to be set up at Solareclipse.

USS Enterforum-E� : The temporary UP-style board disappeared without warning one day, so we all jumped over to a UBB board that Chris Gough had. It was about Porsches. At most, we were there for a couple days. According to one account, it was more like an hour. At the time, I declared it the Enterforum-F, but that's unofficial. That was in late October 1998.

USS Enterforum-F : The "official" E-F was the restored UBB SFCR. At this point, my records get kind of murky. I just have a reference to the "Y1.999K bug". I have to assume that means the transition from E-F to E-G happened in early January 1999.

USS Enterforum-G : Basically the same board as the E-F, but after whatever disaster occured on New Year's. By late February, though, there was some sort of bickering going on behind the scenes which resulted in CC's aforementioned bombing of the code. I suppose this is the only Enterforum to date to have been destroyed via self-destruct.

Interregnum : During the first couple weeks in March 1999, we took over the TNO ("The New Order", if I remember correctly) forums, which were run by one of our members. Along the lines of the E-E�, this wasn't an official Enterforum. It was just a place lent to us while the new Enterforum was built.

USS Enterforum-H : March 1999 - May 2001. The first Enterforum to last more than about six months. After CC blew up the E-G, he set up a permanent UBB board here at solareclipse.net called "SolarFlare". This is essentially what we're still using today.

USS Enterforum-I : May 2001 - present. The longest-lasting Enterforum by a factor of about 3.5 and counting. Really, the only reason this one gets a separate letter is because I called the E-H "SolarFlare-class", so, when the name changed to just "Flare", it was a new class. Therefore, it must be a new ship.

I hope that's all accurate. I'm working off of stuff I saved almost seven years ago, so I have to just accept what some of it says, even if I don't really remember it.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to erect a statue in your honor. A very geeky, detail-oriented statue....with your hand sort of...reaching towards the future... [Razz]
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I miss 'theme days' where the forum's colour would change for a particular holiday. I remember the Hallowe'en one.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, CC and crew pulled a Kirk twice and snagged a hold of another forum.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Interregnum?" So that would be like the Bird-of-Prey?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Interregnum?" So that would be like the Bird-of-Prey?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*beats Shik with the newspaper* BAD Shik! Stop double posting!

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Shik
Member # 343

Suck it, fishcake.

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So shouldn't this forum have trasphasic torpedoes, ablative armor, stealth technology, and be able to travel through time?
  This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  15  16  17   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps