Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Who are the Old Ones of Flare? (Page 11)

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Who are the Old Ones of Flare?
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, this hunk of junk is akin to the E-A at the end -- it belongs in the museum, not out roving the stars.

The Enterforum-I was based around UBB5. The initial reskin, going from black background to white background, also came with a major upgrade to UBB6. This upgrade is where the -J comes from. Trust me, it's a whole new set of code under there. From the year 2000. There have been lots of upgrades and refits since them, but it's still the -J.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sort of halfway contemplating looking into how Firefox extensions are written (some particular XML language called "chrome" I think) and writing a Flare skinner extension....then I could look at it in LCARS....
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
..., and be able to travel through time?

No, that was MMIMs Leeds thread.

XML is the language, chrome is the theme name I think.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The Enterforum-I was based around UBB5. The initial reskin, going from black background to white background, also came with a major upgrade to UBB6. This upgrade is where the -J comes from. Trust me, it's a whole new set of code under there. From the year 2000. There have been lots of upgrades and refits since them, but it's still the -J."

According to this thread, we went to UBB6 on 27 May 2001. That also when I declared the change to Enterforum-I. So, it looks like the UBB5 version was still the E-H. And, even if it shouldn't have been, it's far too late for a retcon now. This is the Internet for gods' sakes. We have standards.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this the beginings of the Mutiny on the Enterforum-??

--------------------

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, there's the gap.

The SolarFlare to Flare transition isn't marked correctly in your timeline. It was a reskin, a relocation, and a rename, but the UBB6 upgrade wasn't for a few months afterwards. There was no new letter assignment until the UBB6 migration, which had yet another reskin.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So whatever happened to our upgrade to the next generation UBB product that was supposed to happen about 3 years ago?
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

It didn't happen.

--------------------

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Deanna Troi! [Roll Eyes]
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that's when the Great Bearded One ceased his affiliation with Infopop & Flare stopped being a beta trial site.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, basically, we changed from SolarFlare to Flare sometime in late-2000/early-2001, but I didn't change the letter? Huh. I was just guessing that the name change was my logic behind the letter change. I guess not.

(Or, alternatively, there is not logic, and I just didn't think of it at the time.)

Okay, new history : The Flare class is a variant of the SolarFlare class. Therefore, the E-H was able to be upgraded to Flare-class without becoming a new ship. Kinda like how people call the refit Enterprise an Enterprise-class ship.

</DECREE>

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

So sayth we all.

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
So, basically, we changed from SolarFlare to Flare sometime in late-2000/early-2001, but I didn't change the letter? Huh. I was just guessing that the name change was my logic behind the letter change. I guess not.

(Or, alternatively, there is not logic, and I just didn't think of it at the time.)

Okay, new history : The Flare class is a variant of the SolarFlare class. Therefore, the E-H was able to be upgraded to Flare-class without becoming a new ship. Kinda like how people call the refit Enterprise an Enterprise-class ship.

</DECREE>

I declare this to be non-cannon.
Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

I, being the author, shall remain entirely quiet on the subject as to infuriate the fans.

Also,
quote:
I believe that's when the Great Bearded One ceased his affiliation with Infopop & Flare stopped being a beta trial site.
Ding ding ding.

As UBB7 never happened, and I left Infopop, that plan was canceled.

We were going to be upgrading to the self-written forum software now used on my former WoW group's site, but I'd been holding off until I could get it "right" for Flare.

Oh yes, and I'm technically no longer the Great Bearded One. It got chopped off a few months back.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

"It got chopped off a few months back."

What? All this time that we should have been preparing for the apocalypse, and you didn't tell us?!

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps