Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Who are the Old Ones of Flare? (Page 13)

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Who are the Old Ones of Flare?
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard from Timo quite often on other forums. I think we haven't seen him here of late because we haven't had many of our epic treknology/ship discussions recently.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True, and someone should teach my dumbass how to do math.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Siegfried:
Fabrux told me to be social.

So, what Shik wrote, basically. I'm going to Lake Tahoe for skiing and bachelor party shenanigans tomorrow. I just passed the two year mark back in November at my job. I've lost a lot of weight. Her name is Krystel, and I met her parents and son last week.

Er... Krystel isn't the girl in the pictures -- that's my sister.

How is everyone doing?

HOLY CRAP! That's amazing! Well done!
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So wait...

What exactly makes someone an Old One of Flare? Is there like a number or date cut off? Cause if the number cut off was 137 then fuck you.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When Membership reaches like 5000 ( not for the next decade at least) I might even be included in this little circle...*wakes up from daydreaming*
Like I said, highly unlikely, for the next decade.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What ever happened to Lurker Emeritus(Spelling?). I enjoyed his lectures.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hobbes, 137.999918 is the cut off, it was 416.999919 but someone motioned to change it, and of course is got seconded, so here we sit.

I think this site was in the 4 digit realm once before, then CC got hatchet happy, and we went down, down, down, and the ions went higher........

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, because I've always been 343 & you signed on 3 months after me.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charles has gone hatchet happy and pruned out inactive accounts. Thus we end up with Kick Me there with his 2010 member number but still only 420 registered users.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but it hasn't led to member number changes is what I'm sayin'.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*S.W.A.T.*-scientific wild ass theory.

Maybe, we will reuse old deactivated member numbers, and apply the same logic to Starfleet's registry scheme....

Oh my god... I have gone nuts. Where's my purple slip and my puce petty coat? [Eek!]

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

He did it again, I swear we were at 700 the other day. I do believe CC explained the reasoning for not changing the members numbers, but I do not recall it. Could be something to do with the DB, since you can change your screen name you can't run the DB with that.

Sean, nope, otherwise you could be member 400, which would be kind of scary. Sean, I also have to give you a bit of kudos, we have run out most newbies by now, you have stuck with it pretty good.

--------------------

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

There is a new newbie that posted in "Nx class Escape pods". I welcomed him nicely, and have nicknamed him The Nocturnal Trekker, because he hails from Hawaii and his posts show as having been posted at 3 in the morning. He is # 2080.

Maybe he could be my side kick...
He'd be like a side sidekick.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back in the day this place was a bitch to newbies. It wasn't intentionally meant make people want to leave. But it helps to have a thick skin.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

I think many of the more unenlightened newbies fail to see the heirarchy and the "society" that has developed here. They fail to realize that they should probably speak in whole sentences, and not in IM speak, and from what I've seen, a few are quite liable to run off their mouths in some fanboyish rant before thinking. For the sake of the forum, it is kind of good to be a bit tough on newbies. I have also observed that this group is filled with a fair bunch of smart-asses ( no insult intended)who like to joke around.
* points to member status*
You have to roll with the jokes and not be defensive right away.

--------------------

-George Carlin

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps