Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Who are the Old Ones of Flare? (Page 14)

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Who are the Old Ones of Flare?
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes:
Back in the day this place was a bitch to newbies. It wasn't intentionally meant make people want to leave. But it helps to have a thick skin.

I remember when I used to lurk around this site one guy complained about the attitudes of the members. I also remember this one guy who used to post here just to talk smack about Voyager and Enterprise. I think his name was like Q or something.

Edit: lolbbqroflcopter!

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
I have also observed that this group is filled with a fair bunch of smart-asses ( no insult intended)who like to joke around.

Better to be a smart-ass than a dumb-ass wouldn't you agree?

I like the way we Flare-ites are tough on new people. I really can't stand IM speak, or people who ask dumb-ass questions that a five second google search could answer. And I'm glad to say this is one of the few forums where that's not a problem. And the more we keep out people who "tak lik dis an dont no how 2 uze a kibored" then the better off we'll be.

This forum is the best on the net, and the way to keep it that way is to keep out the half-wit dinglenuts who think Kirk should have blown up the Klingons in Star Trek VI or whatever, you know who I mean...

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, "his" little incident made me nervous about my first posts. Thought you guys would bite my head off or something. What ever happened to "him" anyway?

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He ran away it looks like. That was...like...*shakes head*

I didn't have toooo tough of a time, but I lurked for almost a year before I really started posting much, which I always recommend anyway...Lurking gives you a good idea of the unwritten rules of a community.

And I am *so* glad this forum has who it has. I was so freakin' sick of "liek kirk kicks picards butt cuz he was like always shootin 1st and aks questiom later lolololol picard drinks tea and lieks classical music lololol"

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep. I have a friend who dispises Star Trek, and constantly sends me emails saying
" Star Track Sucks"
or"Star Treck stnx. The 4ce will git u."

Urks the hell out of me. Not the Emails themselves, but the spelling....makes me squirm in my dungarees. YOu remember passing notes in class? Now because of phones that is largley a thingof the past, but everytime someone passes me a note, I proof read it. That'll teach those cotton headed ninny mugins...

And what is with lol? You are not laughing out loud if you are typing it.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I LOL when I LOL. What's wrong with that?

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Nothing, I just dont understand the need to abreviate everything.
Omg linbd jk lol!!!
Like that. I have no idea what I just said.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my god linebad just kidding laughing out loud.

No idea what a linebad is. Might be a relation to Strongbad...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Just asked my sister. Linbd ,means " like, it's no big deal".

--------------------

-George Carlin

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Just asked my sister. Linbd ,means " like, it's no big deal".

--------------------

-George Carlin

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whtvr.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I usually put people on ignore on the VB forums I go to when they can not type without the short hand crap.

Yeah, you can see the chain of command here.
CC
The other Admin(s)
The Mods
Us Peons
and Them Losers

The Them Loses do find it rough.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Irk", by the way.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Tim, you do. Frequently.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see very little has changed!!

GOOD!

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps