Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Who are the Old Ones of Flare? (Page 16)

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Who are the Old Ones of Flare?
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember that humidity - I went to Disney World once. It was like stepping into a swimming pool every time I opened the front door...
MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Sweet- come to Florida- where the drinks are cold....but it's 95 FLIPPIN' DEGREES OUT TODAY!"

You're not going to believe this but I'm applying to work for Disney. I'll let you know if I get it. Anyone else here from Florida?

--------------------
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride"

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
I remember that humidity - I went to Disney World once. It was like stepping into a swimming pool every time I opened the front door...

I remember the last time I was in Florida a man fainted on a Disney Ride.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I can recall, my one trip to Florida wasn't too bad. It was in March, and the humidity difference between here and there was jarring at first but not hard to get used to as NB gets rather humid in the summer as well.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From FL? No. I did use to live there though. I lived in Pensacola, FL from 1994 - 1998. Although it's been about two years since I was last there doing some work in Orlando.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Orlando's where I was. It somehow felt like >100% humidity...I mean it gets so humid here a cool glass of soda taken outside sweats buckets, but *oi* that was bad.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it's grim- our local power monopoly is going to screw us for an additional 17% hike.
They know that living without air-conditioning would be very bad and can get away with it though...

Working for the Mouse....tell me you wont be wearing a costume?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The heating companies around here do that during the winter.

I hate the late spring weather here. It was 89F this afternoon, and is currently 39F. It is like mother nature is having a midlife crisis, and can't decide if it is spring or summer. Tomorrow's weather calls for 80% humidity, and a high of 92 friggin degrees.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love seeing you guys complain about how hot or cold it is.

92f = 33c = actually pretty comfortable for me. It does get annoying when people call me a cold blooded freak sometimes. They're just mad that I won't join them in complaining about how hot it is in an air conditioned building.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

I know how you feel but the opposite. I like the cold, so people are bitching that they're "freezing" when it's 50F and I'm fine in a t-shirt, or that I have my heat set "way too low" at 62.
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate when people complain about the cold too. I don't like it but I can tolerate it.

Most people in Canada are fine with a t-shirt in 10 degree weather. It's winter that kills you at like -45. I can't handle that.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the cold. I can't sleep at night if my room is above 50F. And, I don't mind hot days that aren't muggy and humid. I just don't like when it fluxuates so fast, or when it is hot when it should be cold, or cold when it should be hot.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
70F is ideal- we get about a month of that each fall- cloudless, sunny and cool.

That month is a looong way off though.

MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Working for the Mouse....tell me you wont be wearing a costume?

Almost certainly - assuming they hire me!

--------------------
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride"

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The office I work in has what we call "Thermostat Wars". I and a fellow co-worker are in offices that get no cross ventilation and have west-facing windows. Both of us like it cool. We have this idiot woman in our office that is always cold in the dead of summer. If she had her way, we'd have the heat on when its 70 degrees outside. The thermostat for our section is between my office and my co-worker and right across from the kitchenette. So the idiot is always 'washing her cup', then there's this pause and you hear the 'click click click' of her turning the office thermostat up to 77F or higher. Typically this will mean our two offices will be about 80-82F. So we go right behind her and crank it down to 70. This goes on all summer and she gets mad at us for not respecting the fact that she's cold. Forget the fact that she dresses in flimsy almost see-through crap (NOT a good thing) and we have to wear long sleeve shirts and slacks. We're wrong for not acquiescing to her widdle feewings. She expects us to accommodate her. She firmly believes that the 'average office temperature is supposed to be 78F'. But she also corrected our personnel director telling him that his use of the word 'grammatically' was wrong....that the word was 'grammoricly'. This to an individual who was an English major and worked in the public school system for 20 years. Then she wonders why she isn't respected? Total, complete, IDIOT.

My theory is: You can always put more clothes on, but there's only so much you can take off...legally.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps