Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Who are the Old Ones of Flare? (Page 17)

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Who are the Old Ones of Flare?
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well New York City is currently experiencing a heat wave with temperatures in the 100s. Today is supposedly the last day of this heat wave, but I don't want to get my hopes up.
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WizArtist II:
The office I work in has what we call "Thermostat Wars". I and a fellow co-worker are in offices that get no cross ventilation and have west-facing windows. Both of us like it cool. We have this idiot woman in our office that is always cold in the dead of summer. If she had her way, we'd have the heat on when its 70 degrees outside. The thermostat for our section is between my office and my co-worker and right across from the kitchenette. So the idiot is always 'washing her cup', then there's this pause and you hear the 'click click click' of her turning the office thermostat up to 77F or higher. Typically this will mean our two offices will be about 80-82F. So we go right behind her and crank it down to 70. This goes on all summer and she gets mad at us for not respecting the fact that she's cold. Forget the fact that she dresses in flimsy almost see-through crap (NOT a good thing) and we have to wear long sleeve shirts and slacks. We're wrong for not acquiescing to her widdle feewings. She expects us to accommodate her. She firmly believes that the 'average office temperature is supposed to be 78F'. But she also corrected our personnel director telling him that his use of the word 'grammatically' was wrong....that the word was 'grammoricly'. This to an individual who was an English major and worked in the public school system for 20 years. Then she wonders why she isn't respected? Total, complete, IDIOT.

My theory is: You can always put more clothes on, but there's only so much you can take off...legally.

I supposed you've tried telling her to put some warmer clothes on, that it's 2 versus 1, telling your boss she's wasting company money burning more fuel, and all the more direct solutions, so...Rip the fucking thermostat off the wall [Big Grin]
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gorilla Glue the theromstat at 70- if she forces it, it'll just break and she'll get blamed.

That, or rebar her in the parking lot.

quote:
Originally posted by MaGiC:
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Working for the Mouse....tell me you wont be wearing a costume?

Almost certainly - assuming they hire me!
Very kinky.
Get one with air-conditioning. I understand the ones with giant heads (Micky, Donald, etc.) have AC built in. I'd imaginr employees would reek or pass out from heat stroke otherwise.

They'll probably send you off to some "re-Nedjucation camp" to teach you how to be a cherry corperate mascot.

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've actually talked about coming in one weekend and making a dummy, moving the real one to our offices in an inconspicuous area and putting the dummy in its place.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...telling your boss she's wasting company money burning more fuel..."

If she turns the thermostat up, the air conditioning will run less. She'd be saving the company money, so you probably shouldn't bring it up.

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right. I was thinking....heat, furnace on. Cuz I have a brain. I swear.

Disney costume: I doubt much re-Nedjucation is needed (lovely reference btw) because those rotten little snotrags can't see you inside the thing. I bet all the happy-looking flailing and posing would, via X-Ray Specs, be revealed to be creative ways of flipping off the crowds.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in Denver now, the weather is in the 90s. This is my first summer in Colorado and I'm kind of surprised at the heat. Winter though is nice and cold. I love the cold. Up to me temperature would never exceed 60. However the mountains by my apartment still have snow. I drove up to Rocky Mountain National Park the other week to do some hiking about 2 miles above sea level (Denver is 1 mile above sea level) and while up there the snow was still knee deep (I'm 5-11 for reference).

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am that tall also. while I like it cold, I don't appreciate waking up to snow up to my waist, as often happens here in the winter and early spring. Only 60F here today though, not that bad.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never seen (natural) snow that would even cover my ankles. I prefer it that way. Haven't seen any appreciable snow in a few years now.
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

I *love* snow. I love it waist deep but that hasn't happened since I was a little kid...
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok Dan, come up here in about 5 months.

As much as I hate to shovel it, the period after a heavy snow is absoutly beautiful. Around here, it is almost postcard perfect, with sno hanging from trees, and covering rooftops, all undesturbed and perfect.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Get that here, too. Then you have to move it all out of the way... Plowing is a lot more fun that shoveling, tho, I tell you what.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Yeah, the snow blower is my best friend from october 'til march.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snow blower would take too long to do my driveway. 7.5' plow on a ½-ton, yeah baby yeah! [Cool]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
Yeah, the snow blower is my best friend from october 'til march.

This is a textbook example of "leading with your chin".

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps