Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » ROLL CALL - How many of us are still here? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: ROLL CALL - How many of us are still here?
Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Charles Capps:
The numbers are an artifact of the early UBB versions storing user records as files named according to the selected login names. Those were converted into numeric records without regard to regdates.

That makes me feel better about 743 from November 2001.

"22 *years* ... would they even recognize me?"

quote:
Also, given my regdate is March 12, 1999, this place is an utterly terrifying 25 years old.
We missed the 25th Anniversary? Or am I recalling that this was a sort of second generation of the board?

Hey, on the bright side, it should be well nigh unhackable since I'm pretty sure that means it was programmed in punch cards and running on a curiously snappy PDP-1. ;-)

(Still, backups. I'd even host a mirror.)

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or am I recalling that this was a sort of second generation of the board?

Third or fourth, even? I would be inclined to count from the old UP board, which I started lurking on in the latter half of 1997. Not sure how old it was at that point. Probably no more than a year, if that?

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Answering your own question, in the past:

https://flare.solareclipse.net/ultimatebb.php/topic/10/4060/10.html#000140

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually found a version of that saved on my hard drive recently, but I was too lazy to go find it again before posting.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps