Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Now that Camapign 2000 is upon us... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Now that Camapign 2000 is upon us...
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I offer sites for some to the canidates:

George W. Bush

Hypocrisy with Bravado ~Drug Free Since 1974!

Little George Bush ~"I propose that every city have a telephone number 119 - for dyslexics who have an emergency."

George W. Bush Campaign Headquarters ~'I've learned from mistakes I may or may not have made.'"

Bush Lite ~"A pale, watered-down version of the palest, most watered-down occupant of the White House since Millard Fillmore."

Al Gore

All Gore ~Helped fund a Government subsidy to chalk producers.

No Gore 2000 ~The Dark Sequel To The Clinton Legacy.

Al Bore ~"For NASA, space is still a high priority." Vice President Al Gore, 9/5/93

Al Gore-2000 ~Why I support Al Gore by Shaquille O'Neal!!!

Pat Buchanan

Patrick Buchanan -- In His Own Words ~"There is nothing wrong with us sitting down and arguing that issue that we are a European country."

GO, PAT, GO AWAY ~Back by popular demand!

Help Wanted - Join the Buchanan Brigade! ~Unskilled immigrant labor wanted to help wall off America. Low Wages - No Benefits - Mean spirited management - Apply in person only

Steve Forbes

The golden platform ~"The Best Government Money Can Buy (for $440 million)"

Elizabeth Dole

Put a Leader in the White House ~We need a First Dog!

------------------
What good is money if it can't inspire terror in your fellow man?
~C. Mongomery Burns

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh boy, you guys are really screwed no matter who you pick!

------------------
"FOOLS! Will I have to kill them ALL?!?!"

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey! There's no page for Bill Bradley!

I suppose that's a good, thing, eh?

------------------
"I'm looking for someone to change my life.
I'm looking for a miracle in my life.
And if you could see, what its done to me...
To lose the love I knew, could safely lead me to
The land that I one knew...
To learn as we grow old, the secrets of our souls."
Question, The Moody Blues

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's always the least of evils, when you get down to it. No one's going to do a good job, so you just have to pick who will do least badly. In the final campaign between Bush, Bradley, and Perot (I still say he'll get the reform party nomination), I'd go for Bush.

Of course, that's just because I can't run yet. Vote for me in 2020, everyone!

------------------
"I consider the foundation of the Constitution as laid on this ground: That "all powers not delegated to the United States, by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States or to the people . . ." To take a single step beyond the boundaries thus specially drawn around the powers of Congress is to take possession of a boundless field of power, no longer susceptible of any definition."
- Thomas Jefferson to George Washington, 1791

HMS White Star
Member # 174

- posted      Profile for HMS White Star     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omega somehow I don't think you would get many votes from the folks at this forum (alright since some of the people don't live in the US that might explain some of it, but...).

------------------
Step 1: Become a senior member,
Step 2: ?,
Step 3: Global Domination

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

See folks? Clinton isn't so bad after all. :]

Chimaera
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All of a sudden Canadian politics is looking pretty good

It's really a shame in democracy today that just about everyone who would make a good national leader is either unelectable (because they're boring or otherwise uncharismatic) or simply not willing to put up with all the BS.

------------------
"But, it was so artistically done."
-Grand Admiral Thrawn

IP: Logged
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, I couldn't find a Bill Bradley parody page in my all too brief search. Perhaps in a couple of weeks as he grows stronger someone will put one up.

------------------
~C. Mongomery Burns

[This message has been edited by Jay (edited October 14, 1999).]

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

It's too bad that the great Dan Quayle dropped out already. Oh, there is much Quayle fodder out there. Nevertheless, just for fun I offer you:

Dan Quayle in His Own Words ~"Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things."

Dan Quayle for Pope in 2000 ~He's honest. He's reliable. He's got a nice round head.

The QuaYle2k problem ~Legacy: Most now spell 'potato' correctly

Top Ten Lists That are About or Mention Former Vice President Dan Quayle ~Who can beat Letterman?

Oh, that was fun!!

------------------
~C. Mongomery Burns

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What really chaps my hide is the fact that the people who are asking about drug use couldn't honestly answer the same question themselves without getting some flack.

--Baloo

------------------
My mind wanders, but don't worry. It's weak and can't get very far.
--Steve Allen
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What annoys me is that the people asking Bush if he's used drugs are the same people that were saying that it was irrelevant whether der Shliekmeister (AKA Clinton) had or not.

------------------
"I consider the foundation of the Constitution as laid on this ground: That "all powers not delegated to the United States, by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States or to the people . . ." To take a single step beyond the boundaries thus specially drawn around the powers of Congress is to take possession of a boundless field of power, no longer susceptible of any definition."
- Thomas Jefferson to George Washington, 1791

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

Dang, ain't hypocrisy wonderful!

------------------
~C. Mongomery Burns

[This message has been edited by Jay (edited October 14, 1999).]

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

Oh, and FYI...Gore and Bradley have already admitted that they smoked pot in the 60's. And what, George W. is still obfuscates. Not that that should be an issue anyway.

Oh, this is going to be a fun election as we watch the leader of Republican family values go through a messy divorce after screwing someone other than his wife. Yup, the Newt-ster is going through some legal wrangling to see if he mustanswer the question, posed by his wife, if he subverted his family values platform while mucking around with other women.

WEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

------------------
~C. Mongomery Burns

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RW, if you want Billy Jeff Clinton, you're welcome to him.

After 6.5 years, and well over another year of Clinton fatigue ahead, some of us were hoping for a real breath of fresh air for 2000.

Algore, Bush, Bradley, Dole, McCain, Trump, Forbes, and bloody RossPerot back from whatever rock he crawled under after the *last* election..... All a bunch of suits, lawyers, and attention-starved egotists. Most political photo-ops, you could cut&paste another candidate's face over the speaker and never notice the difference.

Times like this, I wish the space aliens would hurry up and get here.

HMS White Star
Member # 174

- posted      Profile for HMS White Star     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course since Newt no longer has a political office, I don't see how that has any bearing to the Republican party.

Jay said "Dang, ain't hypocrisy wonderful!"

Be careful there, that what the Republicans said about the independent council law after Ken Starr .

My guess is that Bush perhaps did some heavier stuff than pot, perhaps stuff that would have put him in jail for a long time. But alway I never thought drug use is a big deal, it really is more toward scaring parents "O he was a druggie, so he will support drugs" or some sh*t like that.

------------------
Step 1: Become a senior member,
Step 2: ?,
Step 3: Global Domination

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps