Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Strange Occurences: Too (sightings,ghosts,aliens,shared dreams...) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Strange Occurences: Too (sightings,ghosts,aliens,shared dreams...)
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought I heard some "insider no longer working for the gov" say that area 51 was a waste dump.

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that was about the guy who was trying to sue the military because he got sick there from handling hazardous materials that were disposed of improperly.

Some of the MUFON-types were claiming that what the guy had handled was UFO by-products.

I'm not even sure they're guarding Area 51 like they used to.

Back when I was young and stupid, I briefly advocated a plan to 'liberate' Area 51 and expose the truth. Probably fatal.

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have predicted my christmas and birthday presents and been right for the last 4 years. Some people might think this could be explained, if, for instance, my parents were the type of people who always bought you the same thing. This isn't true. Nor have I looked at the presents physically to guess them. I have simply known what I was going to open on christmas morning. *shrugs*. Sometimes, when people say they have a surprise for me, I can tell them what that surprise is before they say anything. For instance, I knew Frank was going to mail me a pencil eventually.

I can find things, too... Charles and I once got lost in a place that I had never been to, and I pointed in a direction (without looking at a map) and told him we should have turned there. *L* ..
Hm... what else... There are sometimes "entities" that come to visit, and usually I ignore them. Then there was the ghost in the 4th floor academic building's bathroom. And the thing that wanted to strangle me last night (more times than once, "something" has tried to kill/hurt me that did not physically exist).

Then there are the times when I just know something's going to happen, or someone's feeling or thinking a certain thing, or I have dreams and they come true.

I have many times told people on the internet what thier bedrooms look like without ever having met them.

*shrugs*... what can I say, i'm a wierd child.

------------------
"Permasuck, by Froboz Electric: 'We don't just make things that suck, we make things that suck, PERMANENTLY.'"

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"For instance, I knew Frank was going to mail me a pencil eventually."

That's because you complained so loudly!

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"I can't remember stuff." - John Linnell

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, not to belittle your experiences, but I am convinced you are all lying as part of the global conspiracy against me.

I am very glad that things I think about, or dream about do not happen. I have never had any experience more unusual than deja vu. And I decided to investigate that by keeping a diary of all the dreams I could recall for several months. I ended up with a bizarre collection of disjointed narratives, but not one portentous prediction.

------------------
Gene: "I AM Star Trek"
Yvonne: "You can't sum yourself up in so small a package."
Gene: "SMALL?!!"

- Gene Roddenberry: The Last Conversation

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, one time, I dreamt that I had gotten this really cook He-Man toy, and I was playing with it for quite awhile. Then, when I woke up, I looked for it, but it wasn't there. True story. And one time, I woke up and turned on the TV, expecting cartoons, only to have my parents wake up and tell me that...it was only Thursday. I could scarcely believe it, and then I had to go to school.

------------------
"20th Century, go to sleep."
--
R.E.M.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I experience "Lost-time" almost every day. At the same time too.

At exactly 1:10 to 2:10, I "lose time". And then I carry on about my day.

I don't know why this happens, but I suppose it has something to do with my Chemistry class being at that time

------------------
I bet when Neanderthal kids would make a snowman, someone would
always end up saying "Don't forget the big heavy eyebrows." Then they would all get embarrassed because they remembered they had the big hunky eyebrows too, and then they would get mad and eat the snowman.

-Jack Handey

DT
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for DT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I once dreamed that an airplane (a jumbo jet) was going to crash and then when I woke up in the afternoon, I found out that the ValuJet crash happened. Granted, considering that's the only one out of thousands to ever happen... I think I'll bet against me being a... a... a dude who knows things are gonna happen.

I experience deja vu frequently. But granted, I live a pretty damned repetetive life. Moreover, I generally dream about mundane things, like my mundane life. So...

Also, I used to experience lost time frequently. I'd close my eyes, and then open them almost immediately. But it'd be as much as 5 or 6 hours later! Granted, I'm a freaky sleeper.

So really, well... damn, nothing wierd happens to me. Cool!

------------------
"I can't let you smother me. I'd like to but it wouldn't work." - Kurt Cobain
Lounge Act, Nirvana

Gepta001
Member # 231

- posted      Profile for Gepta001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jubilee: what does my bedroom look like?

------------------
"Hey you...you talkin to me?"
"Show me your steel"
"I will show you my iron claw technique!"

DT
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for DT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you can tell me what two posters I have on my wall and what two thinks I have on my board, I'll give you a lollipop!

------------------
"I can't let you smother me. I'd like to but it wouldn't work." - Kurt Cobain
Lounge Act, Nirvana

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a dream
that I was dead
and there were evil spirits
all around my bed.

Could the bizarre and terrifying inner workings of the female mind be classed as paranormal?

------------------
Gene: "I AM Star Trek"
Yvonne: "You can't sum yourself up in so small a package."
Gene: "SMALL?!!"

- Gene Roddenberry: The Last Conversation

DT
Member # 80

That goes far beyond paranormal.

------------------
"Don't have a mind" - Kurt Cobain
Breed, Nirvana

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*grins* Yep.

~LOA

------------------
"Hello darkness my old friend,
I've come to talk with you again....." ~Simon & Garfunkle, The Sound of Silence

MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I usually know when my brother is unwell or upset, and he lives on the other side of the country....but that stuff happens with many siblings. I call my mum and tell her to go check on him because he's not well... it freaks her out!

------------------
I'm the Worlds First Fully Functional Homicidal Artist.....

Mythril
Member # 286

- posted      Profile for Mythril     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When ever i enter a room the tenprature decreases by nearly two degrees. Every one says i put off evil vibes and the like.

And i can sense electromagnetic disturbances and i have a uncanny understanding of electronics that i have never encountered.

------------------
I am not responsible for the stupidity of other people.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps