Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Voyager's best episode/s (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Voyager's best episode/s
Super nova
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Hi i'm new just thought i'd say hi by agreeing with Eclispe in the "Nemisis"-is-a-good-one thought, but "Frame of mind" did annoy me a little.Sorry =:}it was too indulgant in the whole madness thingy..yeah i know that was the point....

------------------
sn

[This message has been edited by Super nova (edited December 28, 2000).]

IP: Logged
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Flare.

------------------
20th century, go to sleep.
--
R.E.M.
Read chapters one and two of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Show no patience, tolerance, or restraint.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry, but I thought NEMISIS totally blew. It was an typical Chakotay vehicle that went nowhere. The pig english was a stupid idea. The Vietnam motief was obvious and poorly done.

Personaly I think that Reletivity, Message in a Bottle and Timeless are my favs. I also liked Distant Origin and Year of Hell. There is just something very appealing about seeing Voyager and especially Janeway, going up in a cloud of smoke, fire and scrap tritanium

------------------
We attack tommorow, under cover of daylight!

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From a purely "entertaining" point-of-view, and ignoring continuity, and providing you don't think too hard (phew, long list), Voyager tends to be at it's best when doing Big Epic Two Parters.

Future's End, Scorpion, Dark Frontier, Year of Hell. Yeah, so some rewrite continuity. But they are all tremendous fun, and often manage to get that Big Epic feel that TNG rarely managed to get.

------------------
"I am in one of those rare periods of life where I am convinced I am a sexy devil."- Simon "Sol System" Sizer

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The problem with the Big Epic Two Parters is that they are isolated within the series. They don't really ever connect to the rest of the show. It's just like the series is going along, la dee da, and then, whoop, all of a sudden BIG FLASHY TWO PARTER WITH LOTS OF SPECIAL EFFECTS AND OH OH OH!! then back to the series as usual with no mention of what just happened and whoop we've left the whole thing far behind. See, real life has ramifications. That's the biggest problem I have with the two parters.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

Super nova
Ex-Member

I like the fact that the two parters don't have any bearing on the rest of the series. It makes it a bit more exciting ie year of hell, that one was really good, i treid to get my flatmates in it at taht point.....did not work unfortunatly. The one where they go back to 1990s LA is very annoying and is always being put on tv. Is it me or does that one iust not make any sense, what was that whole A to B to C paradox thing, oh and i really hope they got the fashion in that episode wrong everybody did seem to look really bad.

------------------
sn

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oy! You pickin' on American fashion (or lack of same)? Actually, from what I saw, they got it about right. I thought Janeway and Chakotay looked pretty good though.
I actually didn't mind Future's End too much. I didn't care for Year of Hell mostly because of the fact that the whole ended up never happening. Other than that though, I thought the effects were really cool. The ship ripping apart, the escape pods jettisoning...very groovy.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually I feel that YOH is often hard done by. It has some terrific character moments: My absolute favourite is the scenes between Seven and Tuvok - they were so touching. Janeway hugging Tuvok. The Doctor loosing it. Tom really ready to stick it to Annorax. The ending though - its so... wow... and I'm not talking about effects, I talking about Annorax putting down his work...

Also the sets in that episode were so lush - look at Annorax's ship... lovely - infact Voyager had some nice sets in season 4 - "Revulsion" was another episode with good sets.

Andrew

------------------
"This is cooling, faster than I can..." Tori Amos "Cooling"

Super nova
Ex-Member

Yeah, it was a bit of a cop out going back in time at the end. Its almost as if the writers could not think of an ending so it a bit of an i woke up and it was all a dream type of ending. Mind you they did get themselves into a bit of a mess, it would have a lot taken a lot of brain power to think of a good ending, but the special fx were pretty good.

I also liked the one when Kes came back, it was funny seeing kes in a really shitty mood, but it was a bit cliched towrds the end.

Sorry didn't mean to be rude about american fashions, its just a shock being reminded what people wore then, your right janeway did look quite good....it was everyone in the background that didn't!

------------------
sn
"its been emotional"

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"reminded what people wore then"

Yeah, those late-90's fashions are incredibly gaudy. Good thing we have our one piece silver jumpsuits, as it's 2000 and all.

------------------
"Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who have had years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make some of the worst movies in the history of the world." - Dave Barry

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, Supernova, if you go back through old forum records, you should be able to find a little dissertation I posted explaining how the whole "Future's End" thing was possible. It just requires a timeline which we never saw to set up the loop.

------------------
"Still one thing more fellow-citizens--A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government..."
-Thomas Jefferson

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps