Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Chakotay as a pilot

Author Topic: Chakotay as a pilot
Jack_Crusher
Member # 696

- posted      Profile for Jack_Crusher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We all have seen all of the shuttles that Voyager has lost (and made up for) and we have seen who has crashed or destroyed most of them. Commander Cakotay. Frankly, I am surprised that Chakotay hasn't crashed and destroyed Voyager when he has been given the chance to pilot and/or land Voyager itsself (like in "Demon", about 20 minutes into the episode).
quote:
Fate protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise.-Commander William Riker

--------------------
Fry- How will we get out of this?
George Takei's head- Maybe we can use some kind of auto-destruct code like one-A, two-B, three-C...
(Bender's head blows up)
Bender- Now everybody knows!
-Futurama's obligatory Star Trek episode

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it's not like there weren't any distractions. I mean, he wasn't practicing hopscotch in the aft compartment as the shuttle flew into a cliff. It be like saying a guy in a car who got forced off the road by a semi is a bad driver.

Aliens boarding. People shooting. Energy fields...dampening. Seven of Nine just standing there. All things that would give even the best of pilots difficulty.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's not like Seven was in a shuttle with Chakotay all the time...just that everytime she was with him in one things kinda went south.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just saying she would definitely be a distraction. And that's one of the time's that I remember a Chuckles shuttle getting totaled. When they hit that energy barrier.

But I was mostly just joking. Getting shot at by an alien or disabled by an energy field or something is hardly evidence of bad piloting.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
good pilots don't get shot. good pilots don't run into energy thingies. they're supposed to be aware of thier surroundings.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Almost every time we see them, their going through an anomaly, getting shot at, or some other obstacle to uneventful flying. How often does Paris get out of those w/o killing a shuttle unlike Chakotey?

[My grammer sucks lately, I must be close to the surface of the moon. Gene Cernan would be proud.]

[ August 15, 2001: Message edited by: Stingray ]

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let me see, Voyager lost several Type-9's, a few Type-8's and Type-6's, and then the Delta Flyer became target practice. I'd say it's like a curse.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Good pilots don't get shot? Well, be sure to tell that to every Naval Aviator you meet.

No, Chakotay is not the brilliant, God-like pilot that Paris is. I don't believe he's supposed to be. But it's not like he's reckless or stupid.

Is this just general Chakotay-bashing. It's fun every once in a while, but his piloting skills aren't what I would pick on

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno, I think Mr. Crusher has a thing against first officers.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

He just may bring up Riker's piloting records along with Kira's next time then.

--------------------

Jack_Crusher
Member # 696

- posted      Profile for Jack_Crusher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have nothing against first officers, and I think Riker is a damn good, attentive shuttle pilot, when he has flown shuttles, that is. As for Kira, I have not seen that many DS9 episodes, so I have not seen her fly a shuttle. But Chakotay, with all the shuttles that he has flown, he's either crashed them, or he's heavily damaged them so much, that sometimes I believe he has had to have had Voyager do an emergency transport. He is the reason that we Trek fans are really beginning to ask "where the hell is Voyager getting those new Star Fleet shuttles from?" I wonder if the Flier is Chakotay-proof?...

quote:
They invade our space. We fall back.
They assimilate entire worlds. And we fall back.
They destroy our ships, and we fall back.
The LINE SHALL BE DRAWN HERE!
-Capt. Jean Luc Picard, ST: First Contact

--------------------
Fry- How will we get out of this?
George Takei's head- Maybe we can use some kind of auto-destruct code like one-A, two-B, three-C...
(Bender's head blows up)
Bender- Now everybody knows!
-Futurama's obligatory Star Trek episode

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
is the reason that we Trek fans are really beginning to ask "where the hell is Voyager getting those new Star Fleet shuttles from?"

Timely criticism.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

"They destroy our ships, and we fall back."

That wasn't in the dialouge.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Would somebody PLEASE show this guy how to make a real sig?

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps