Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Terok Nor - Proverbial Punching-Bag

Author Topic: Terok Nor - Proverbial Punching-Bag
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am summarizing different aspects of DS9 for my future web-page. From my experience of DS9, (which miss some episodes) I can think of six, maybe seven major incidents leading to major structural damage in the modern history of Deep Space Nine.

I know nothing of incidents occurring prior to the Cardassian retreat. So, since I also haven't read any Trek-literature, I welcome any "semi-canon" data of DS9-bashing (not canon but perhaps from prominent Trek-authors?). Stardates would be ideal!

All information I present I hope you will modify (in the best traditions of Flare Forums), should you have newer or perhaps (dareIsay) verified data of damage. as with vintage-cars, I'd hope to learn roughly what parts of her could still be considered "original".

-"Emmisary". Cardassian Galor-class cruisers bombard the station for at least a *movie-minute or two. (*hard to say, since other scenes take place in between.)

-"Empok Nor"(sp?) O'Brien and Garak among others go to the sibling-station to retrieve spare parts. Did they mention what parts or how much?

-Prior to "Way Of The Warrior" DS9 undergoes refitting of tactical elements. Any armor added?

-"Way Of The Warrior". A klingon task force attacks in great numbers for at least five movie-minutes. Klingon heavy torpedoes are engaged on shield-generators. Still, station is operative when the klingons withdraw from battle.

-"To The Death". A renegade Jem 'Hadar group plants a generous amount of explosives on DS9, resulting in major structural damage and casualties. (Where did it detonate?)

-"Call To Arms". A combined Dominion and Cardassian fleet takes DS9 under siege. Except for usual shield-munching attack, considerable damage "appears" to be inflicted to a key-sector of the docking-ring, causing station-wide shield-failure.

-"Sacrifice Of Angels". Dominion-held DS9 is sabotaged by Bajoran/Ferengi rebels with large explosive, leaving the station open to several volley's of heavy torpedo-fire from the returning U.s.s Defiant.

-"The Reckoning". Representatives from the Bajoran Prophets and Pah-Wraiths engage in physical and astral Kombat (couldn't help it) threatening to reach critical mass and cause a massive hull-breach. The situation, however, is "saved" by some wavering Bajoran Kai, resulting only in weakened structural integrity in one section of the habitat-ring.

I don't remember if any part of the final war-effort in "What You Leave Behind" took place near DS9.

There! *produces white silk-glove and smacks it on collective cheek*
I dare thee to respond!

------------------
Ready for the action now, Dangerboy
Ready if I'm ready for you, Dangerboy
Ready if I want it now, Dangerboy?
How dare you, dare you, Dangerboy?
How dare you, Dangerboy?
I dare you, dare you, Dangerboy...

�on Flux, "Thanatophobia"

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Empok Nor: There was an absolutely nesecary, non-replicatable component they needed, but there was a list of other "might be nice" things.

To The Death: The J'H blasted off one of the upper pylons.

Sacrifice of Angels: Not an explosive. Just computer sabotage.

There was also a relatively early ep with that mini-universe that they picked up, and was expanding, threatening the universe. It blew a good sized chunk out of the hull.

------------------
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
- George Bernard Shaw

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the DS9 Millenium series, the station got sucked into the Red Wormhole, but once the Red and Blue wormholes joined, ended the universe and then separated, everything went back to normal the the station was never destroyed

------------------
"The kingdom of God is inside you, and all around you; not in a building of stone or wood. Split a piece of wood, and I will be there. Lift a stone, and you will find me."
-The Gospel of Jesus, Stigmata

SCSImperium
Member # 397

- posted      Profile for SCSImperium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
DS9 Millenium series

Ah, but the temperal incursion had such an effect 'The Cage' became the next episode.

------------------
-Small Computer Systems Interface "Scuzzy" Emperor

Operator of the Goulag Hotel, maintainer of the workhouses.

Operator of Cargill Conglomerate Publications, http://www.cargillconglomerate.com

A scene that was cut from last season's "Rock" episode, Tsumkatse:
Rock: Do ya smell what the Rock's cookin'?
Janeway: Mr. Rock, was that you?
Tuvok: An intriguing smell ...

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What the hell are you talking about?

------------------
"The kingdom of God is inside you, and all around you; not in a building of stone or wood. Split a piece of wood, and I will be there. Lift a stone, and you will find me."
-The Gospel of Jesus, Stigmata

[This message has been edited by Fabrux (edited August 12, 2000).]

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They meant a 3 book series that confuses me since I've read the middle book only (ie, how is Jadzia in it if this is near the end/after the end of DS9?)

------------------
Where's the bathroom on this ship?

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Well, you have to read the whole series to understand

And it's set in season 6, so Jadzia's still around. And "The War of The Prophets" is set in 2400, so I can see how that would confuse you more...

------------------
"Incest! A game the whole family can play!"
-Jonah Rapp

[This message has been edited by Fabrux (edited August 27, 2000).]

Nemesis
Member # 255

- posted      Profile for Nemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TLE, you should really read the entire DS9 Millenium Series.In my opinion one of the best DS9 Books ever!

And some Chapters of the books do happen in the post-DS9 time:
Siskos talk ot the Prophets.

------------------
This is how i prefer the borg... in pieces!!! -- Janeway in Dark Frontier

Seventhworld, the new SciFi-Project
www.seventhworld.de
Soon to be featured StarTrek Nemesis

Visit Rogue Fleet! The new StarTrek Internet RPG.
RogueFleet
Applications are still running!

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Actually I don't think that was post-DS9 at all.

------------------
-Jonah Rapp

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$

It appears that the 'baby emissary' was post-DS9. Or at least in the last 2 seconds of WYLB.

------------------
"What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad."
- Dave Barry

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Baby emissary?

------------------
-Jonah Rapp

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I thought there were more attacks to DS9 than this but I guess I really did miss only the calm episodes.

Omega mentioned an ep with a mini-universe, was that "One Small(little?) ship"?

------------------
How dare you, Dangerboy?

[This message has been edited by Nimrod (edited August 28, 2000).]

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nah, it was earlier in the series. It involved Dax training another Trill to be a future host. Names aren't my thing...

------------------
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
- George Bernard Shaw

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Playing God"...AKA "Hey, Terry's In A Towel!!"

------------------
"There are three things I HATE, Jet: kids..pets..& women with attitudes. So WHY do we have all THREE on BOARD?!?"--Spike Spiegel

Nim
Member # 205

Iiinteressting... *rubs chin*

Oh, and the towel-thing too...

------------------
How dare you, Dangerboy?

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps