Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Of the 5 Trek TV shows,what are your favorite two and why ? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Of the 5 Trek TV shows,what are your favorite two and why ?
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THERE IS AN ANIMATED SERIES THAT YOU ALL MUST'VE ACCIDENTALLY FORGOTTEN TO MENTION

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"And why are we listing our two top Trek shows? Why not three? Or one?"

Because 2 is the only even, prime number, obviously.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NUMBER ONE: STAR TREK: DEEP SPACE NINE, STARRING AVERY BROOKS AS CAPTAIN SISKO AND ARMIN SHIMMERMAN AS QUARK THE FERENGI BARKEEP.

REASON: THERE WAS NOT MUCH TO LEAVE ME DOUBTING IT'S DEEPNESS OR THE SPACE IN WHICH IT WAS. AND THAT THERE WERE NINE OF THEM BEGOGGLED THE MIND SENSES.

NUMBER TWO: STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION, FEATURING THE DIRECTOR OF THE UPCOMING 'THE THUNDERBIRDS', THE INCOMPARABLE JONATHAN "ALIEN AUTOPSY: FACT OR FICTION - THIS SUNDAY ON FOX" FRAKES.

REASON: I REMEMBER WATCHING THIS AFTER MY SUNDAY NIGHT BATHS ON THE LOCAL TELEVISION CHANNEL.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I look back on those old years, the wild pixie stick parties, the time spent hiding within cupboards and beating my younger brother about the head and neck with a kabob, and I ask myself, what could make this travesty all right? What one, shining moment of redemption exists, if any, in all those wasted days. The army men burned, the dolls we stole from little girls, molested and fondled the peach colored plastic, but it would give up no information on those mysterious genitalia we knew nothing of. Then, I remember. Spock. Data. Whoopi Goldberg. Clint Howard as Balok. Mark Lenard played everyone. Brannon Braga was a baby, learning to write as we watched the scifi drama which was written by people he was probably getting coffee for. Dexter Remmick's head exploding. William Shatner refused to damage a $15 piece of styrofoam on a $45 dollar piece of Gorn-shaped rubber, and thus was saved from the skinny blond faggy dude vaporizing him with his gay voice. I had a little book which listed quite clearly the disposition NCC-1017, NCC-1371, NCC-1701-D, NCC-1305-E, NX-2000 and so on and so forth. I wondered why Gene went on so much about Ilia's hard-tipped breasts in the novel version but didn't put them in the movie, which I listened to over and over again to decipher the NCC numbers that chick was spouting, and The Entropy Effect novel, Sulu fucking the shit out of Mandala Flynn before I knew what a fucking the shit out of someone was.

I was a TOS-TNG trekkie.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"THERE IS AN ANIMATED SERIES THAT YOU ALL MUST'VE ACCIDENTALLY FORGOTTEN TO MENTION"

Well, except Ritten.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sulu shagged someone in The Entropy Effect? I missed that.

Of course, I was about 10 when I read it. And I have no idea today what actually happened in it. Was it extremely badly written?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you really have to ask that?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MIKE AND MAGNUS: SEPARATED AT BIRTH

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nim: The Inner Light always makes me cry too. So does The Visitor (DS9). I called my parents after I saw that for the first time my sophomore year in college.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
And good episodes includes season 7? I know "Parallels" and "The Pegasus" were good, but apart from that? Seasons 4 and 3 beat it.

And why are we listing our two top Trek shows? Why not three? Or one?

Well if we are going to rate seasons...

TNG:
Season 6
Season 3
Season 4
Season 5
Season 7
Season 2
Season 1

DS9:
Season 6
Season 5
Season 3
Season 4
Season 2
Season 1
Season 7

Voyager:

Season 4
Season 1
Season 5
Season 6
Season 7
Season 2
Season 3

TOS:

Season 2
Season 1
Season 3

Enterprise:

Season 3
Season 2
Season 1

Movies:

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn
Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
Star Trek: First Contact
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
Star Trek III: The Search For Spock
Star Trek: Generations
Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
Star Trek: The Motion Picture
Star Trek: Insurrection
Star Trek: Nemesis

Babylon 5

Season 3
Season 2
Season 4
Season 1
Season 5

Stargate-SG1

Season 3
Season 4
Season 5
Season 2
Season 1
Season 7
Season 6

The X-Files

Season 2
Season 3
Season 4
Season 1
Season 5
Season 6
Season 7
Season 8
Season 9

Earth: Final Conflict

Season 1

[Big Grin]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
Nim: The Inner Light always makes me cry too. So does The Visitor (DS9). I called my parents after I saw that for the first time my sophomore year in college.

I really cried after seeing The Visitor.

I can't just sit down and watch that episode again - it would have to be a very special time.

The BEST hour of Star Trek, nay television, ever broadcast.

The Inner Light is beautiful too. One of TNG's and Trek's best. *THAT* should have one an Emmy.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DS9 tops my list: Trek had finally matured past TNG's endless stories about "the main three" and established a huge ensamble cast of believable characters played by truly great actors.

Next is Enterprise.
It's been consistantly good, developing solid characters and -in season three- reaching real greatness in drama and (something rare to trek) desperation.

Third is TNG: when it's great, it's really great.
It set the standard that all Trek would be compared to ever after.
Buuuut...when it sucked, it sucked harder than even the most cheesy episode of TOS.

Fourth is Voyager: as Aban put it, Unlimited potential....wasted.
Several really good episodes and a handful of great episodes.

Fifth is TOS. Groundbreaking for it's time and still (in many cases) fun to watch after 30 odd years....but the bright colors hurt my brain and I've seen even the really bad episodes so often that I could do without ever seeing the show again.

Annnnd lastly, TAS.
As in, I'd rather be buried naked in a mound of angry fire-ants while Tom Jones sings his own "special" renditions of The Offspring's greatest hits than watch the run of this horrid cartoon from start to finish.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Next is Enterprise.
It's been consistantly good."

For what otherworldly definition of consistent is that true?

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Jason touched on something there... Voyager had no desperation. That was the premise of the show, but it never delivered. We got a handful of really bad times in episodes like... oh... what was the one with the Krenim? Where the ship was in shambles and they didn't know how in the hell they were going to make it. "Year of Hell". That's it.

But Voyager needed to be alot more like the experience of the Equinox. I could've even done with some gaps of several months or years where some really bad crap happened. Heaven forbid we pick the show up after a gap of 3 years and have to be introduced to some new characters and a ship that had changed. Would've left some good material for a movie too.

But then... we couldn't have a series like that, where people had to deal with a truly bad situation week after week. I'm not saying that there couldn't be good times. But the series was ALWAYS relatively good times. The first and second season came close to showing what a truly screwed position they were in. After that, it was a non-issue.

Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TNG is not real Trek. The premise of the show was a stationary spacebase, where everyone trekked to them. Booooooooring. I honestly think they probably pitched it as "Star Trek meets Babylon 5". The introduction of the Defiant late on was the only thing that saved this otherwise trash show.

TAS? Star Trek as a cartoon taken seriously??? C'mon people. Jeez.

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps